It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• headaches and tension headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
    babytiger
    (female)

babytiger HB User
    headaches and tension headaches

does anyone know what the difference is between a normal everyday headache and a tension headache?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 01:20 PM   #2
    Vintage Wine
    (female)

Vintage Wine HB User
    Re: headaches and tension headaches

I have tension migraines and it isn't always just an "ache"....it's going blank, sometimes numbness, following with depression for a few hours or days. It doesn't respond to over-the-counter meds like an "everyday headache" would.

They are quite frustrating because one cannot function with a tension migraine!

Old 01-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #3
    babytiger
    (female)

babytiger HB User
    Re: headaches and tension headaches

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Vintage Wine View Post
    I have tension migraines and it isn't always just an "ache"....it's going blank, sometimes numbness, following with depression for a few hours or days. It doesn't respond to over-the-counter meds like an "everyday headache" would.

They are quite frustrating because one cannot function with a tension migraine!
    i am very sorry to hear that you are suffering from these type of headaches and hope you are not suffering at the moment?

i have been having these symptoms you listed since a week ago last sunday, i rang the doctor's on monday but could'nt get an appointment until next week, so they got a doctor to ring me instead on monday afternoon, i asked her what does she think it is, she said 'tension headache' and told me to take ibuprofen and if that don't work to come back and see her to sort out a management plan. you are right though, nothing will shift it, ive tried pain killers, drinking more water, going for walks to get fresh air, resting, but nothing will shift it.

your right about the numbness and it feels like something is pressing down so hard to the front of my head.

do you know what causes it?

this is the first time this has happened to me like this i have had what you would say is a migraine twice before but a long time ago.

can you advice me of what i can do to get rid of it? what do you usually do? i can't take it no more.

i did ring the local pharmasists up yesterday as my eyes have been stinging and watering from the eye cream i have been getting in my eyes, he said my tension headache is caused by me straining to see (cos of the film in my eyes from the eye cream, say like when you get shampoo in your eyes when washing your hair), so he sold us some eye drops, i try to be so careful not to get any cream in my eyes, but he said even the smallest amount can get in. my eyes feel abit better, but nothing will shift this horrible tension headache and i can't get any work done!

i am ill enough with the illnesses that ive got, i don't need this as well.

Last edited by babytiger; 01-24-2007 at 02:52 PM.

Closed Thread