HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Headaches & Migraines (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/)
-   -   Oh-God! Worst Headache Ever!! (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/478143-oh-god-worst-headache-ever.html)

dfroman1166 03-06-2007 12:26 PM

Oh-God! Worst Headache Ever!!

Hi,
Never posted here before-never had to. I hardly ever get headaches have lots of other ailments.
I woke up this morning after sleeping for 9 hours with a slight ache in my head. As the day progressed it kept getting worse. It's now 3:00p.m. and I feel like I'm DYING! I can bearly type this-I keep stopping to close my eyes and hold the front of my head! The pain is mainly in front of my head with some pain around to my temples. My eyes hurt and burn when I close them. I also feel nauseous. I don't think it's a migrane-but I'm not sure. Then I was worried about some sort of anurism? I took 3 tylenol and that didn't help me!
Any suggestions? HELP!

boxerlver227 03-06-2007 03:44 PM

Re: Oh-God! Worst Headache Ever!!

Maybe a Tension Migraine?
Symptoms associated with mixed tension-migraine headache may include:
headache on one or both sides, throbbing dull, tight or band-like sensation
pain varies in intensity from annoying to incapacitating, may be aggravated by routine physical activity, nausea or vomiting, sensitivity to light or sound
visual disturbances, may last from 4-72 hours, however, may evolve into chronic daily headache ( something I suffer with)
irritability, depression, sluggishness numbness, tingling, weakness, and neck pain. That would pretty much cover the symptoms of a Migraine or Tension Migraine headache. I also get sinus headaches that feel like what you described as well. I usually take Advil Liquid Gels to help with these types of headaches and I place a "warm" wash cloth over my eyes.. That helps me as well. I hope this helps you some.. feel better! :angel: Boxerlover

ihaveaheadache 03-06-2007 06:36 PM

most likely migraine but go with your instincts. it wouldn't hurt to go have it checked out by your doctor to make sure nothing else is going on. tylenol is like candy for me. as far as OTC drugs, try Excedrin.

aussie_jono 03-11-2007 09:13 PM

Try 2 Advil and two Tylenol PM, then go to bed and try and sleep it off.

A word of warning, "the worst headache of your life" is a red flag for some serious conditions, so I would advise seeing a doctor

Dakota_Skye 03-13-2007 11:14 AM

[QUOTE=ihaveaheadache;2841439] tylenol is like candy for me. as far as OTC drugs, try Excedrin. [/QUOTE]

same here...also, when i get pain that bad, ibuprofen, excedrin, naprosyn, and sometimes even imitrex doesn't work. i have to take two imitrex (wait a little in between them, you guys know), and only then do i feel some relief.

dfroman1166,

i pray you'll find some relief quickly!! god bless!!!:angel:

wendyjcs 03-13-2007 11:30 AM

Echoing aussie_jono... If you haven't yet, please pick up the phone NOW and call your doctor. A sudden severe headache like this, especially if this is unusual for you, could be a symptom of a ruptured or about-to-rupture aneurysm.

Dakota_Skye 03-13-2007 11:33 AM

[QUOTE=wendyjcs;2855418]Echoing aussie_jono... If you haven't yet, please pick up the phone NOW and call your doctor. A sudden severe headache like this, especially if this is unusual for you, could be a symptom of a ruptured or about-to-rupture aneurysm.[/QUOTE]

[U]i agree[/U], especially if you never had any sorts of tests before, or have never seen a doctor about such pains before!!!!!!!