It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Headaches & Migraines Message Board

  • dull constant ache with dizziness

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 03-26-2007, 02:08 PM   #1
    clarekingscott
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    clarekingscott's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: Midlands
    Posts: 2
    clarekingscott HB User
    Red face dull constant ache with dizziness

    I would like to hear off anyone who suffers with this type of headache; a dull persistant ache, always on the right hand side of my head, it will hang around for weeks, sometimes months and then I will have a clear spell and be headache free. Just recently I have been experiencing dizziness as well, and 1 really alarming attack of vertigo, is it all connected, my doctor thinks not. I am a 29 yr old healthy woman and just want to know if I am the only one who suffers from this, and is it all normal. You cant help thinking that it is something more serious, but my doctor wont send me for a scan cos he says its just a tension headache. I have been suffering with it for 2 years now, is anyone in the same boat??

     
    The following user gives a hug of support to clarekingscott:
    gtbell828 (08-13-2011)
    The Following User Says Thank You to clarekingscott For This Useful Post:
    gtbell828 (08-13-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 03-26-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
    RJS301
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    RJS301's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Elkhart, IN United States
    Posts: 38
    RJS301 HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    I have the same headaches. Not severe, just bad enough to bug me to death. I've been to all three of the GPs at my clinic, chiropractor, ENT and they say everything is normal. I say, NOT. I developed this headache Jan.24 of this year and haven't had a day go by without it. Normal? Yeah, right!!!Sometimes it feels like needles and pins. I have it at the back and sometimes top of my head. ENT had me get x-rays of my sinuses. Normal. I'm making an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow. Something is out of whack.

     
    Old 03-27-2007, 07:35 AM   #3
    ndb
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    ndb's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Posts: 15
    ndb HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    I too experience similar symptoms. Here is my story. I have been dealing with this crap since August of 2004. At first I went to every kind of doctor known to man, and had every test done, and everything came back normal. I did however have an ear, nose, and throat doctor tell me I was having the signs and symptoms of perilymph fistula (which leads to vertigo). I went through a surgery to "repair" this problem, but ended up having nothing fixed. I then went to see another very respected ear, nose, and throat doctor who told me that he did not believe I had the perilymph fistula. He said some people are just born with what would be the signs of it, but no symptoms. He did refer me to a neurologist, but nothing he did helped either. I do however think that all this time I have had chronic tension-type headache. I have a question for everyone who has posted so far.
    My constant discomfort starts the minute I wake up. Is this the same for you all?
    I also experience very brief episodes where I feel like I am going to black out, but its only for a split second. Anyone else have this?
    Feel free to ask any questions.

     
    Old 03-27-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
    clarekingscott
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    clarekingscott's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2007
    Location: Midlands
    Posts: 2
    clarekingscott HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RJS301 View Post
    I have the same headaches. Not severe, just bad enough to bug me to death. I've been to all three of the GPs at my clinic, chiropractor, ENT and they say everything is normal. I say, NOT. I developed this headache Jan.24 of this year and haven't had a day go by without it. Normal? Yeah, right!!!Sometimes it feels like needles and pins. I have it at the back and sometimes top of my head. ENT had me get x-rays of my sinuses. Normal. I'm making an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow. Something is out of whack.
    Thank you for replying, today I booked another apointment with my doctor in the hope that I will get referred to a specialist, it is good to hear from people who have similar symptoms, sometimes you can't help but think the worst. I will let you know how I get on, but knowing the great british nhs I will probably be waiting a while!

     
    Old 03-27-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
    drift23
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    drift23's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Posts: 4
    drift23 HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    hi clare im from the midlands to,i do know how it feels to have what you have been experiencing i get exactly the same.i am 31 and started getting strange headaches since 1999 i have had a ct scan with contrast 4 years ago and a mri scan 4 months ago all came back clear.sometimes it just a dull ache always on the right side which makes me dizzy even to the point where i feel im gonna blackout and then the headache goes and nothing for a week then it comes back i gotta see my neuro again on april17th for a follow up to the mri scan i still worry its something serious they keep telling me its just migraine but its only natural to worry.i do wish i could be headache free but i think its just something i gotta live with,in your case have an eye test and get checked over with your doctor....hope this helps and you feel better

     
    Old 03-28-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
    Wowwwweeee
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Wowwwweeee's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2003
    Location: Rochester, NY
    Posts: 1,050
    Wowwwweeee HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    Hello,

    I am a frequent poster on the Inner Ear Board, but occasionally jump on a few other boards.

    There is a condition called Migraine Associated Vertigo (MAV) that you may want to speak to your doctor/specialist about.

    MAV is a condition where the arteries at the base of the brain go into spasm or constrict. The result can be a host of weird symptoms, which include vertigo, wooziness, a feeling of faintness, feeling tipsy, off balance, to name a few.

    Most people think "migraine" means "headache", but it actually means "poor blood flow". A person can have MAV with OR without a headache.

    If you do a search on my current and older (Wowwweee) user name, you may find something helpful.

    I hope this little bit of information helps someone.

    Take care.

     
    Old 03-29-2007, 04:24 PM   #7
    RJS301
    Junior Member
    (male)
     
    RJS301's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: Elkhart, IN United States
    Posts: 38
    RJS301 HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    Yeah, my headache starts the minute I wake up and it continues until I go to bed. Yesterday, I didn't have it and I thought this is a good thing. About an hour later, bam, there it was. It's so frustrating. I hope they figure out what's wrong with us.

     
    Old 04-03-2007, 11:42 AM   #8
    topcat1709
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    topcat1709's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: Europe
    Posts: 6
    topcat1709 HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drift23 View Post
    hi clare im from the midlands to,i do know how it feels to have what you have been experiencing i get exactly the same.i am 31 and started getting strange headaches since 1999 i have had a ct scan with contrast 4 years ago and a mri scan 4 months ago all came back clear.sometimes it just a dull ache always on the right side which makes me dizzy even to the point where i feel im gonna blackout and then the headache goes and nothing for a week then it comes back i gotta see my neuro again on april17th for a follow up to the mri scan i still worry its something serious they keep telling me its just migraine but its only natural to worry.i do wish i could be headache free but i think its just something i gotta live with,in your case have an eye test and get checked over with your doctor....hope this helps and you feel better
    Hi Drift23 I used to live in the Midlands.I have had same as you.would be walking along and would get violent stabbing at back of head and feel dizzy for a few moments.This got so bad that I couldn't even stand without nearly fainting with dizziness.Admitted to hospital twice.MRI scan CT scan heart test - all normal.After 18 months got a diagnosis from a general specialist.All due to neck pain for various reasons (whiplash, bad posture) which causes severe headache across back of head and then up side of head.The neck pain travels up into the head.He called it occipital neuraglia.I have been visiting a chiropractor to sort out my neck and I am completely free of dizziness and fainting.I still get headaches across the back of the head but I am so much better.It was nothing neurological but a physical problem with my neck.I hope this helps and I hope you feel better very soon.

     
    Old 04-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #9
    dirtyjsqueeze
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    dirtyjsqueeze's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: ashland
    Posts: 1
    dirtyjsqueeze HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    i know how you guys feel..i think..here for about two weeks or so, i have had a dull ache on the ride side of my head, it moves around, too..SO annoying it really worries me!...sometimes i get dizzy, or i get nauseous, but only for a split second..and the feeling like your going to pass out, i get that too, but its only for a split second also..who else is in my boat!?!? help!

     
    Old 04-23-2007, 10:09 AM   #10
    clayrelouise
    Newbie
    (female)
     
    clayrelouise's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2007
    Location: rotherham
    Posts: 1
    clayrelouise HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ndb View Post
    I too experience similar symptoms. Here is my story. I have been dealing with this crap since August of 2004. At first I went to every kind of doctor known to man, and had every test done, and everything came back normal. I did however have an ear, nose, and throat doctor tell me I was having the signs and symptoms of perilymph fistula (which leads to vertigo). I went through a surgery to "repair" this problem, but ended up having nothing fixed. I then went to see another very respected ear, nose, and throat doctor who told me that he did not believe I had the perilymph fistula. He said some people are just born with what would be the signs of it, but no symptoms. He did refer me to a neurologist, but nothing he did helped either. I do however think that all this time I have had chronic tension-type headache. I have a question for everyone who has posted so far.
    My constant discomfort starts the minute I wake up. Is this the same for you all?
    I also experience very brief episodes where I feel like I am going to black out, but its only for a split second. Anyone else have this?
    Feel free to ask any questions.
    hi i experience the exact same thing and it's really getting me down.
    i've been experiencing them since around october 2006. I've had 1 panick attack also but i wake up first thing in the morning and the pain is there i go to sleep and the pain is there!! it really runs me down, i've changed doctors twice. My current doctor said it was down to stress/anxiety as im only 19 and have moved up from london to sheffield to be with my partner dan we have moved from his parents to our own place and i have started a new job all in the space of a few months. She prescribed me anti-depressants which did cure the anxiety and i have only experienced this once since. However the headaches have persisted. I would say that it's more a weird headache (ish) feeling in my eyes it's like my eyes dont focus properly but they do?! Recently i've been feeling very dizzy most of the time and when i go in lifts i feel like i could black out. My hearing also feels blocked? I feel like i don't want to dare drink anything alcoholic or go out with my friends which i really miss. i worry about going out incase i feel ill even though i dont actually feel like im worrying. I have not been out with my friends since july 8th 2006!
    My partner says its because i worry too much, and i do worry always that i have a tumour and i scare myself. I have had an eye test and they say all is fine. My doctor wont refer me to have any scans as she says i'm fine BUT IM NOT!!!!!! the headaches are constant and i do VERY RARLEY get a few days where i feel myself (we're talking about 2 days every few months) i work in a call centre which my doctor says is causing tension headaches but no1 else gets them!!! i dont feel it is tension headache at all!!
    can anybody help me as it really is getting me down and im so fed up, i dont want to live with this constant pain, it's wasting my life!

     
    Old 04-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #11
    mumindistress
    Member
    (female)
     
    mumindistress's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2007
    Location: milford haven, wales uk
    Posts: 70
    mumindistress HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    Hi, im not living in the midlands but am from there, and am planning on going back in august.. i to am having the same symptoms as you on my right hand side and not getting anywhere with my doctor, so i got my dentist to refer me to a consultant for tmj (read up on it and tell your dentist you think you have it, fingers crossed they will refer you on) i have gone private though cost me 100 for consultation, he said i do have tmj but is referring me onto a neuro just to make sure, private aswell.. it was the only way i could get to see one, my gp's are a right pain in the but! you could ry it? onece you have seen a neuro and had tests etc you will feel a little relifed that its nothing serious..

     
    Old 04-29-2007, 12:14 PM   #12
    drift23
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    drift23's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Posts: 4
    drift23 HB User
    Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    thanks for your reply,im going back to the docs cause i feel worse than ever just lately,its helps knowing im not on my own feeling like this....regards

     
    Old 04-29-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
    drift23
    Newbie
    (male)
     
    drift23's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2006
    Posts: 4
    drift23 HB User
    Unhappy Re: dull constant ache with dizziness

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by topcat1709 View Post
    Hi Drift23 I used to live in the Midlands.I have had same as you.would be walking along and would get violent stabbing at back of head and feel dizzy for a few moments.This got so bad that I couldn't even stand without nearly fainting with dizziness.Admitted to hospital twice.MRI scan CT scan heart test - all normal.After 18 months got a diagnosis from a general specialist.All due to neck pain for various reasons (whiplash, bad posture) which causes severe headache across back of head and then up side of head.The neck pain travels up into the head.He called it occipital neuraglia.I have been visiting a chiropractor to sort out my neck and I am completely free of dizziness and fainting.I still get headaches across the back of the head but I am so much better.It was nothing neurological but a physical problem with my neck.I hope this helps and I hope you feel better very soon.
    thanks for your reply,im gonna ask the doc to refer me to a headache specialist i think cause i feel worse than ever...regards

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Gallbladder removed, dull ache, bloating and constipation Karibo Gallbladder 4 04-11-2010 05:06 AM
    dull ache and late period?? Shannatoo Women's Health 0 07-25-2008 12:00 AM
    Right sided dull ache? Libs Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) 2 11-06-2006 04:02 AM
    Dull ache months after root canal JENSTUBAK Dental Health 2 10-19-2006 04:55 PM
    Stone/Dull Groin Pain charisma79 Kidney Disorders 0 06-11-2006 08:45 AM
    Dull Kidney Ache...PLEASE HELP. madejade Kidney Disorders 3 05-14-2006 04:01 PM
    Constant dull pain in rectus femoris cookiepls Exercise & Fitness 1 02-03-2006 08:07 AM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 AM.





    © 2020 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!