It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Constant headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 PM   #1
    Andy81
    (male)

Andy81 HB User
    Constant headaches

Hello,this is the first time i have posted a message on here so here we go.I am 26 years old and have literally had a headache every day for the last 10 years.Some days they are worse than others and vary on different parts of the head.Sometimes i have a really bad pain at the back of the head,other times it can be on the temples and sometimes it feels like i have a tight band around my head.I have had 2 Ct scans,acupuncture,i have seen an osteopath,had physiotherapy and have seen 4 chiropractioners.I have changed my GP once hoping to have some relief but things are still the same.I have also been getting a nasting dizzy feeling where it feels as though i am sinking.It is really nasty and quite worrying.I have paid out a lot of money on different therapies as everyone i have seen on the NHS does not seem interested.When i tell them that i have a headache literally all the time they just do not really believe me and think i am making it up.Having a constant headache all the time is really getting me down and i just do not know what to do next.I would be so grateful if anyone could help me.Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-16-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
    Anna14
    (female)

Anna14 HB User
    Re: Constant headaches

heyy

i've had headaches for 5 months now everyday to, thats not aslong as you but i have been for a ct scan and x rays and they showed up negative like yours.
    my doctor said going for massages could help, they did a bit, but he also gave me a prescription for some anti depression med that they also use to get rid of most of your headaches he told me that it wouldn't get rid of all my headaches but should reduse them. i started them 2 or 3 weeks ago and they have started working i now get headaches mayb 3 times a week instead of everyday, mayb you should ask your doctor about them- heres the name :Apo-Amitriptyline.

at first i didn't want to becuz he told me thy were anti depressants and well i'm not depressed then he told me that he wasn't giving me them becuz i was depressed but they have been known to work, so i tried them and they haved helped alot. hope this helped you

-Anna14

Old 05-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #3
    andwoo
    (male)

andwoo HB User
    Re: Constant headaches

Andy:

Your headache sounds a lot like what I have. It's a condition called New Daily Persistent Headache. It's rare, it's very difficult to treat, and it's not surprising that doctors may not believe you because it is rare, so most will not have any experience in treating people with it. There's a support group as well for people with this condition, if you ****** the condition, it should come up pretty quickly since i don't think I can link directly to it from here.

Closed Thread