It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Could This Be Migraine-Related?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-14-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
    Could This Be Migraine-Related?

Hi,

Just a few days ago as I was driving, my eyes started tearing uncontrollably, however, I did not have any pain or burning and it didn't feel like anything was in my eyes. It felt like the sunlight was making them tear. Some of the lights at work started making them tear also, and now yesterday they started tearing from my computer monitor (it is a bright monitor and I am even wearing sunglasses while in front of it). Then yesterday as I was out to dinner with family, I took about 3 bites of salad and suddenly felt nauseous. It came on real quick, and I ran to the bathroom & just made it. I just vomited the salad and drink I sipped on briefly. It was like no warning. Then my throat, face, and neck were cramping and my head felt funny, hard to explain. But I did not get a headache. I just felt out of it, not to mention I lost my appetite & was afraid to eat. (I had already ordered my dinner, then got the salad, then vomited). As the night wore on I became extremely sleepy and it was hard to wake up this AM. I still feel sleepy and blahhh, though no headache. But light is still bothering my eyes today.

I have had many episodes of auras, weird smells and tastes, ear ringing, and visual disturbances over the years. I had my eyesight checked & it was a-ok. The eye doc thought I might be having migraines WITHOUT headache but I never checked into it any further. I've also had many episodes of sudden nausea and vomiting without any seeming cause. It cant be food, stomach, or allergy related b/c it I vomit before the food even gets down, sometimes after just the first bite. I've also had other times where I need to vomit and feel spacey, without having eaten anything. However, this is the first time I've noticed my eye tearing problem along with it all. I should mention I also have lupus, and some of these things coudl be related to that....

But putting all these recent symptoms together (which are happening together) I'm wondering if this sudden vomiting, spaciness, light sensitivity, and bloodshot eye (I woke up this AM with a huge blood spot in my right eye) could all be migraine-type related symptoms...but without headache?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread