It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Wisdom Teeth gone but Headaches remain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #1
    tronkity
    (female)

tronkity HB User
    Wisdom Teeth gone but Headaches remain

I've been suffering major headaches for years. I had always assumed that they were due to my wisdom teeth. I had my wisdom teeth removed over a year ago and I am still suffering from the same headaches. I get these shooting pains on the left side of my head that feel like they're shooting up from where my wisdom tooth was to my ear then up to my left eye. It's bizarre and painful. I assumed it was sinus related since it's allergy season. I went to the doctor and he said I don't have a sinus infection.

I've used advil, tylenol and all of the OTC painkillers I can to help with the pain but I've given up. I work out daily about an hour of intense walking. I've been a vegetarian for 13 years and have had my blood tested by doctors numerous times only to be told everything is perfectly normal. I get headaches so bad some days that I just sleep all day long. I was given Relpax by my doctor for the headaches but even the relpax didn't seem to help with the headaches.

I'm nearing the end of my rope. I have seen so many different medical professionals with really no results. I'm starting to think maybe I'm not communicating my problems well enough to the doctors. What's the best way to approach this with my doctor? I just moved to a new town so I will have a fresh start. I don't want to go through life having to be doped up so my head doesn't hurt. Does anyone here know of any good homeopathic remedies for headaches?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
    jodi98
    (female)

jodi98 HB User
    Re: Wisdom Teeth gone but Headaches remain

Sorry to hear about your pain. I also thought my wisdom teeth had something to do w/ my migraines and when I asked my denist and nerologist they both said they never heard of anything about one having to do w/ they other. I had 3 of my wisdom teeth pulled 1 yr ago also and I was told at age 25 (17 yrs. ago) that I should have them pulled because they were growing toward my back molars and you would think that would contribute to nerve endings and maybe migraines or headaches.

You also said the Relpax didn't do anything for you? After being on Relpax for one year it no longer worked for me. I am now on Axert for my grainers and when I feel a headach coming on I take 1 Migraine Excedrine along w/ one Ibprophen w/ a coke or pepsi (gives it that kick). I was taking just 2 of the Excedrine but found that I was having to take them daily and kept me worrying about what that could be doing to my liver. About 2 months ago my husband told me he saw a news report saying you could o.d. on tylenol and other over the counter pain relievers and they also said to mix it like I did w/ the 2 different pain relievers.

I don't know if this will work for you but it does the trick 75%- 80% of the time for me. I have been a head ache and migraine sufferer since I was a child and every doctor I have seen has no conclusion to why I get them. I do know with me the humidity and stress is one of my big factors.

Good luck to you, I do know how awful you feel and it puts a damper on the whole family when you have them. I am a 42 yr. old women w/ a 8 yr. old daughter and a very caring husband of 21 years, so he has seen alot of my attachs and knows what I am going through. I do hope you have the support of yours because that really helps me.

I am new here and have always loved getting advice from others and just hope that my advice can help at lease 1 person in the world.

Good luck once again,
    Jodi

Old 09-17-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
    kyetzbac
    (female)

kyetzbac HB User
    Re: Wisdom Teeth gone but Headaches remain

Hi:
    I'm having the same problems with a bad tooth!!!!! Read my post under "Unknown Freaky Headache".

I've been to numerous doctors and dentists and they all say that a tooth couldn't cause this much pain and headaches. They look at me like I'm crazY.

If you look at pictures of your nerves in your head, they are all like a series circuit!!! They are all connected somehow. So, don't you think that if a bad tooth has nerve damage, that it will lead to the other nerves in your head?

It makes sense to me. Good luck. And try Excedrin Migraine and Excedrin Tension. Those kind of work for me.

Closed Thread