It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• I am sooooo scared, please help.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
    eltwins
    (female)

eltwins HB User
    I am sooooo scared, please help.

Hi there,

I have been suffering what feels like tensio-type heada hes for 3 weeks now. Not a long time compared to some, but they are 24-7. I saw my doc today, who did a basic exam for balance etc and he thinks they are just tenion-type headaches and I am sure he is right. I have a neck trauma that flairs up anyway and I have been very stressed of late and am also suffering pmt right now! God what a combination.
    But I am freaking out big time tonight and I don't know what to do. I am on the verge of going to the emergency room, but my husband is working away and I have 3 kids to care for. So now I am having panic attacks, which I have had before but they make me nauseous, which I then panic is to do with my head and that I have a brain tumor. My sister-in-law died of one 3 years ago and she had headaches, but admittedly other symptoms also. The thing is I have a constant headache, panic, feel sick, panic even more, feel even more sick and am inconsolable. My husband is away and I can't break down as it will frighten the kids. And now I am rambling! Help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
    boxerlver227
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

boxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB Userboxerlver227 HB User
    Re: I am sooooo scared, please help.

Oh I know tension headaches all too well! I have been suffering from them for years straight chronic and daily! The only time I have relieve from them is when I am sleeping. I feel pressure all around my head like my head is being squeezed really tight, behind my eyes there is lots of pressure and I am lightheaded and dizzy all the time, like drinking without the drinks! I can tell you this I also have anxiety and panic attacks from feeling this way and feeling so off, and the panic and anxiety will increase the tension which in turn increases the headache, soon you begin a cycle of anxiety, fear, panic and headaches. And now you are a Chronic Tension Headache suffer.
    Are you taking anything to help your anxiety or the headaches? Do a search on this board and look for Chronic Tension Headaches By Boxerlover227
    You will find Lots of information on this thread regarding this very subject!
    Try not to panic, if the Dr. thought for one minute it was a tumor he or she would never had sent you home. believe me I know it's hard I thought for years it was a tumor. But tumors present with many other symptoms!
    Are you also dizzy and lightheaded a lot? Common with tension headaches and anxiety. All my best that you feel better soon. I hope this helps!

Closed Thread