It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• stabbing pain in temple

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-22-2007, 03:56 AM   #1
    allan49
    (female)

allan49 HB User
    stabbing pain in temple

Two days ago,about six pm i was sitting down and had been reading for a couple of mins when i had a very sharp and painful stabbing pain in my left temple which lasted only a second but caused me to scream out. It left me shaking and scared. The stabbing pain has not returned but feels like it wants to. I have since had a muzzy,dull ache non stop on both sides of my head.Not sure if i should seek help now or give it a couple of days. I have headaches like most people but this was much worse. I am 49 and male. Wear non perscription glasses for reading only and over due an eye test but as i said this pain was agony.
    Many thanks for opinions.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #2
    Dee2000
    (female)

Dee2000 HB User
    Re: stabbing pain in temple

Allan,
    Do you have high blood pressure?? I would definitely seek out your primary care doctor. There could be an array of issues, so not to scare you, just be on the safe side - it may be just a warning for now! At least CALL your doctor! Not sure your family history! Also, definitely have your eyes re-checked either way!

Closed Thread