It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• severe nose bleeds and head pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-13-2002, 06:26 AM   #1
    deadlysunrise

deadlysunrise HB User
    Post severe nose bleeds and head pain

i have had migraines for yrs and had ct scans that showed nothing. about 2 yrs ago the pain started to change and aside from my normal migraines i had pain in the back of my head as well. i had a high level of stress in my life at the time and blamed it on that. about a yr passed and i managed to lower the stress in my life but my symptoms became worse. i finally went to see my neurologist and he ordered another ct scan that showed: two calcified meningiomas within the posterior and medial aspect of the left cerebellum. the day after i received these results i lost my medical insurance so i was unable to return to see the doctor or have any further testing. since then, over 9 months ago, i have started having severe nose bleeds, dizziness, weakness, constant fatigue and painin the back of my head, trouble sleeping, bruises, etc. i have tried to get my insurance back, apply for disability and medicaid but they say i don't have enough medical results to do so but i can't get further testing without it. i am in miami florida so i tried to get an appointment at jackson hospital and they told me 3 weeks over 7 months ago. i don't know what to do because i'm 22 yrs old and i'm too sick too work or go to school but i can't get any help to find out exactly what is wrong with me and how to get better. does anyone have any ideas of what it could be or who i could call in south florida?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2002, 09:19 PM   #2
    mlgable
    Inactive

mlgable HB User
    Go in to see your county social services department and someone there should be able to help you.
    This is the online resource for the FL dept of Health and Welfare aka social services.
    [url="http://www.fdhc.state.fl.us/index.shtml"]http://www.fdhc.state.fl.us/index.shtml[/url]
    You should be able to find the numbers or email addresses you need here.

Old 07-14-2002, 04:33 AM   #3
    deadlysunrise

deadlysunrise HB User
    thanks... i have already been down to the offices and they aren't very helpful. they say i need more medical results before they will help me but i can't get more tests done without insurance. they told me if i were pregnant i could have emergancy medicaid within 24 hrs but since i'm sick i'm just kind of stuck.

Closed Thread