It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Headache for nearly a week & muffled sound in ear

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2002, 11:44 AM   #1
    cocotel

cocotel HB User
    Post Headache for nearly a week & muffled sound in ear

I have had a headache for nearly a week now. It comes & goes, but mostly is just "there". I also have a weird muffled sound in my left ear. It's almost like I hear an echo of sorts. I thought maybe the headache was weather related, but I'm not sure since it has lasted this long. I was wondering if perhaps I could have pulled a muscle or strained something as I have some aches in my legs & back. Recently purchased a pair of Birkenstock sandals that form to your feet--they also align your posture correctly. Wonder if something happened there? Also have slight dizziness & a little trouble concentrating on things. Reading the medical dictionary has me a nervous wreck, making me think the absolute worst. I am a 35 year old female, overweight (if that makes a difference) & we also have no health insurance. My husband is self-employed & it is simply too expensive to afford. Please advise. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2002, 09:09 AM   #2
    mlgable
    Inactive

mlgable HB User
    Sounds like it could be a sinus headache. Take some sudafed and a pain killer for a day or two. If that doesn't help after a few days then see the doc. It could be sinusitis or a sinus infection that may need antibiotics. From what you wrote it doesn't sound serious and really sounds a lot like sinus problems.

Old 07-30-2002, 12:57 PM   #3
    cocotel

cocotel HB User
    I ended up going to the Dr. this morning becasue last night I started to have ear pain. I have a fluid build-up behind the left ear. That's what was causing the terrible headache. He gave me a decongestant to take for 5 days & also a painkiller to use as needed. I worried myself up into a frenzy over this thinking awful things. Since I didn't have any ear pain I thought having a headache for over a week must mean something bad (i.e.--brain tumor!). Thanks for replying to my message.

Old 08-02-2002, 08:11 PM   #4
    Kamden
    Veteran

Kamden HB User
    cocotel, this is what I had and it was caused by allergies. I have had problems with allergies since the spring, and ended up at the docs thinking I had an ear infection, and headaches too. I also had fluid behind my ear drum. When your sinuses swell shut, this blocks the fluid, causing the pressure and the headaches also. Any time you feel you may be getting this again, you can take something that will keep these passages open to prevent it from happening again. I was given Allegra, and it worked great. Good luck

Closed Thread