It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Headache for a month...why??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2002, 05:32 PM   #1
    Strsst

Strsst HB User
    Post Headache for a month...why??

Here is where I have been. Anxiety for about a year with the left sided symptoms. Sort of tingling in face, arm and leg feel funny sometimes. Waking up with rapid heart beat. I had been on birth control pill for 2 years for endometrioma and endometriosis. The cyst has now disappeared so I am off the pill. Every month I would get horrendous estrogen withdrawal headaches. My whole head would hurt. All the bones in my head and face would hurt. It went away after taking active pill again only to come back the next month. Well mid August went off the pill, got the headache and still have it. I cannot touch the base of my skull, for the muscles there are tender and the pain is felt going up my head. When I shake my head, I can feel the pain originating in the base of the skull. More so on left side. My eyeballs hurt, especially the left one when I press it. Is it something behind the eye? My eyebrows hurt to touch them. I have a weird feeling on the left side of my face going into my neck. Is it my anxiety? Its not numb, cause I can feel my hand touching it. I have tender spots on my scalp when I touch it. Went to my GP (who I do not like and everytime I go my BP is real high, and I have elevated pressure anyway) she said they are tension. She would not even listen to me about the hormonal thing. She is sending me for a CT w/o contrast and neck xray next week. She did blood work, sed rate which I know is for temporal arteritis. I try to get through the day without taking exedrin, but I can't. Has anyone ever experienced this. Can an estrogen withdrawal headache last this long? Because I am in pain, can it raise my BP. She is adding another med to my already atenolol 25mg. But if it is elevated from stress, when the headache and stress are gone, I wont need the other med. The more I stress out about the headache, the more it won't go away. So is it a chronic tension headache or hormonal headache? Anybody ever experience anything like this? Oh thanks, could use some support. Sorry its so long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2002, 10:07 PM   #2
    mlgable
    Inactive

mlgable HB User
    Yes pain can definately raise your blood pressure and so can anxiety. You mention pain in the eye and sinus area above the eye. Has severe sinusitis been considered? That can cause pain in a lot of the areas you described. As for excedrin...........if you are having as bad of headaches as you describe the doc should have you taking something a bit stronger for the headaches. Do a search for sinusitis and see if some of what you are feeling doesn't fit this criteria.

Closed Thread