It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• cluster headaches???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-07-2003, 01:10 PM   #1
    Gayle R

Gayle R HB User
    Question cluster headaches???

I'm new here. My first post on this site. I was wondering if anyone who has cluster headaches and who has been pregnant could give me some info. During my last pregnancy I started getting this headaches (which after research, seem to fit the cluster headache description, absolutely unbearable pain) at around 4 months, lasting till about 8 months along. Then they resolved. I'm pregnant again (7 months) and my headaches started about 1 month ago. Same exact kind. Doctors first thought migraines. I normally get migraines also, and these do not feel like migraines. Anyhow, has anyone had cluster flares only when pregnant?? Prednisone seems to help, but not take them away altogether. I also have lupus. I don't know if there is a connection. Thanks for any help you may have.

------------------
    Gayle R

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2003, 02:21 PM   #2
    Karla
    Inactive

Karla HB User
    I also suffer from chronic cluster headaches and migraines. I belong to an international support group. How much time between your pregnancies or In beter words How much time between eposodes of getting hit with cluster headaches? I have heard of most people getting an episode at the same time every year once a year. I have heard of some people going 18 months or 2 years between cycles. I have heard of a few people going over a 2 year cycle 4, 5, or 6, years and then all of a sudden start an annual cycle. So nothing is suprising. I think the pregnancy is coincidental especially since we know that cluster headaches are not triggered by hormones like migraines can be.

Old 03-11-2003, 11:37 AM   #3
    ZenBullet

ZenBullet HB User
    I get a cluster headache every 6 months. I could almost set my watch to it. I have found that the only thing that works for me is taking Ibuprofen (over the counter dosage) when my peripheral vision starts to black out and the stars first appear, the full blown headache will not manifest completely.

I keep a bottle of Ibuprofen in my car, or in my luggage when traveling, at all times (just in case).

Old 03-25-2003, 04:07 PM   #4
    nebmale

nebmale HB User
    I really feel for you guys. I doctor at the Diamond Headache Clinic in Chicago, and you can always tell the patients with clusters. They're hooked up to IV's and look like they are in incredible pain. I've had a migraine on the left side of my head for almost 8 years, straight, and one on the right for 3 or 4 years, straight. But, I wouldn't trade my daily pain for a cluster, ever. My heart goes out to you guys. Stay strong, and good luck with your pregnancy Gayle R!

Old 03-25-2003, 06:32 PM   #5
    sweetest_dreams

sweetest_dreams HB User
    Can someone explain a cluster headaches to me please? I have not yet figured out what I have so I would like to try to rule somethings out. Thanks in advance.

Sweetest Dreams

Old 03-26-2003, 10:43 AM   #6
    zip2play
    Inactive

zip2play HB User
    Gayle,
    Usually cluster headaches are a male thing but not always. Whenb pregnant some of the drugs are really awful choices.

Sweetest Dreams...here's the difference between a migraine and a cluster: with a migraine you stop moving and seek a dark place to sleep. With a cluster, you race around in agony and want to smash the pain out of your head with a hammer!

ZenBullet...let me compare ONE of your clusters with mine???? First week of April, give or take a week???? (I'm scared too)

[This message has been edited by zip2play (edited 03-26-2003).]

Closed Thread