It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• I have a cyst - is this causing my headaches?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2003, 12:33 PM   #1
    froggietcu
    (female)

froggietcu HB User
    Post I have a cyst - is this causing my headaches?

I went to an ENT to find out if my migraines could be sinus-related. He ordered a sinus scan and it turns out I have a cyst in my left cheek. This doctor, unfortunately, is very quick and to the point, and left before I had a chance to ask any questions.

First, I'm a little nervous - I have a cyst? What does this mean? (A question for a different board, maybe, though.) Could this be causing my severe headaches?

He also said my adenoids looked weird (maybe enlarged?) and ordered a scan on my neck. Maybe this is causing them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2003, 07:46 PM   #2
    zavey

zavey HB User
    hi. don't know if this will help, but an enhanced MRI of my brain showed that i had a cyst one one of my sinuses. i had an ENT doctor look over it, in addition to several neurologists, and they didn't feel it would cause migraines. if you're having sinus headaches, then possibly.

Old 11-02-2003, 09:55 PM   #3
    quiver

quiver HB User
    I had the same thing, it is called a mucous retention cyst. I had mine removed and it made know difference at all. I have had pressure around my left cheekbone for yaers. Hope this helps.

Old 11-06-2003, 02:36 PM   #4
    froggietcu
    (female)

froggietcu HB User
    Thanks for the replies. It sounds like the cyst is unrelated to the migraines.

On to continue my search for my triggers then...

Closed Thread