It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Constant Headaches, Pressure, Dizziness, And This Sensation...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2008, 04:06 AM   #1
    Xd55
    (male)

Xd55 HB User
    Constant Headaches, Pressure, Dizziness, And This Sensation...

I've been having some head problems lately. Back in October 2007, I was diagnosed with my first migraine; I was 18 back then.

Well, starting at the end of February, I've been having these constant headaches. The first week there was an extreme amount of pain, so we thought it was a migraine. There was also some dizziness.

Well, it didn't go away, and now there is much, much more dizziness. I have more pressure in my ears, and it seems like I like to activate a muscle in my head that causes a "roaring" sound like on an airplane to relieve the pressure slightly.

At night, I haven't been able to sleep. When I go to bed, my heart rate increases and I feel as though I am uncontrollably nervous. I feel very dizzy afterwards and literally cannot sleep even 30 minutes at night.

One time after waking up, I had this sensation that is very hard to explain. I literally thought I was in the process of dying. I had concsiouness, but something was physically wrong. If I lifted my arm, I knew I was lifting it, but I couldn't "feel" it. It wasn't numbness. I was also sweating terribly. It only happened once.

I'm a student at a college away from home, so it's hard to constantly get checked up. I've used my free times at the health center and always get a different doctor, so it is very difficult to keep getting similar medical opinions.

There are some things that are affecting me. Stress, and lots of it. Everyone in the family lost a job, my dog got very sick, etc. There's so much tension that I haven't talked to my parents in 2 weeks, it's that bad. Because of it, the two doctor's say it triggered a migraine, but this really doesn't feel like a migraine

I'm just looking for some answers and advice. I am one of those people who can make themselves sick and am paranoid because of my and my family's horrible medical experiences - so much so my regular doctor has wanted me to see a counselor for it. I just need some help

Last edited by Xd55; 03-23-2008 at 04:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2008, 12:56 AM   #2
    Monkey7935
    (female)

Monkey7935 HB User
    Re: Constant Headaches, Pressure, Dizziness, And This Sensation...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xd55 View Post
    I'm just looking for some answers and advice. I am one of those people who can make themselves sick and am paranoid because of my and my family's horrible medical experiences - so much so my regular doctor has wanted me to see a counselor for it. I just need some help
    I am waiting to go see my first visit to a neurologist for my migraines. And I do see a councelor, you would be suprised what talking about things can do. Either way, I would see a doc if I were you.

Old 03-27-2008, 11:13 PM   #3
    momcat4
    (female)

momcat4 HB User

Some of the things you are describing sound like they might be related to stress and maybe blood pressure issues. Going away to school and being away from your support system, your family, can be very stressful, especially if this is your first year in college. Exercise, yoga, pilates, etc., are really helpful and might ease the stress and headaches, and could help you sleep better. Other relaxation techniques like soft music, meditation, accupuncture, massage, and relaxing sound effects (rain, ocean waves, etc.), might help you sleep and de-stress, too. Going to the school's health clinic can be a challenge, but if you let them know that you have a health condition, migraines, you may be able to get them to make an effort to schedule you with the same doctor for each visit. You will need to follow through with a doctor if you need medication to help control your headaches, so don't give up. Feeling better will make everything improve and things will not seem as overwhelming as they do right now. Good luck!

Old 03-31-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
    TEdds83
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

XD55 it does sound like you have alot of stress and anxiety. I think getting to the bottom of all that will aleviate alot of those symptoms. Do some things for yourself to get relaxed. Get a massage, play some music and find someone to talk to about the issues. Definately have a doc check you out. But try not to lay awake and panic. I have done that and it just escalates into a full blown panic attack. Good luck! You will be ok!

Last edited by TEdds83; 03-31-2008 at 05:14 PM. Reason: mispelled words

Old 03-31-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
    dizzymama75
    (female)

dizzymama75 HB User

Couple of ideas:

Find and make appt. with a neurologist. This is a biggy. A regular doc will be clueless. It sounds like you need an MRI and a full blood panel. It could be migraines. If you research migraines, you'll find that they can affect people very differently. Stress is most likely a major factor in what is going on. The lack of sleep and stress could be giving you panic or anxiety attacks (I've had several and I have sworn that I was dying...literally giving my husband instructions on what to do when I'm gone). Until you get in to see a doc, try yoga, meditation, aromatherapy, massage therapy and relaxation tapes.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:51 PM   #6
    shann4ben92
    (female)

shann4ben92 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Constant Headaches, Pressure, Dizziness, And This Sensation...

hi..
    i have only just seriously thought of going to see a doctor about whats been going on with me

you see last year during my christmas holidays i was getting sick and getting bad headaches everyday and i would pass out some days..i also lost sleep but that had been going on ever since my mother left three years ago..
    any way now once again every day im getting sickness right in my stomach and im always really sleepy and getting haedaches everyday and sometimes more then just one headache a day..
    i used to think it was stress when it was happening last year but when it started again this year i started getting worried please help..

Old 04-12-2008, 06:34 PM   #7
    Pam44
    (female)

Pam44 HB User

Hi. This sounds a lot like my son goes through. He used to have more dizziness 8 years ago when he first started getting daily migraines. He couldn't go outside when it was hot without feeling faint. He even would almost pass out in warm tub. We had a hot tub and he couldn't get in it. I started taking his blood pressure often just the past 3 years. I've been telling the neurologist there is something very wrong with him that he can't regulate his BP at all. It either goes way high (if he takes certain medications) or it drops suddenly when he stands or just drops without standing. His headache will be little then as soon has the BP drops it turns into a migraine instantly to a #10.

I've reading more about a condition called postural tachycardia syndrome or POTS. He is having the tilt table test done next week so I hope we will finally know what is causing the daily headaches. He is worse when the weather is frequently changing.

Doctors are too quick to blame headaches on stress or depression.
    Pam

Old 04-23-2008, 06:40 AM   #8
    dolysods
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dolysods HB User

Pam.. has your son had a MRI? wasn't sure how the cysts were diagnosed. One of my coworkers son has some what of a cyclic migraine, he has a cyst on his pineal gland. They have started to subside as he gets older. His cousins had similar problems that went away with puberty.

Closed Thread