It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• if you take migraine med please read

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-31-2008, 05:47 AM   #1
    janart
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janart HB User
    if you take migraine med please read

Hey everyone I am at my wits end here. I have chronic headaches and sometimes they are migraine/horomonal related and sinus. My problem is when I take any kind of the migraine meds I get really tight and painful in my jaws and neck. And then the next morning my head and eyes feel so sore that I can't hardly move my eyes. So my question is why does my head feel sore afterwards is it the soreness from the headache or soreness from how the migraine med works. I mean I know they work on the vessels. Well this time the med didn't work so I have had this headache for 5 days now. I hope someone will have some advise. Thanks a bunch!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-31-2008, 03:58 PM   #2
    Cakies
    (female)

Cakies HB User
    Re: if you take migraine med please read

I found that if my meds are too strong I get really tense like that. I use Imitrex 50 mg. and I don't get that stiffness in my neck and jaw. When I taking the 100mg Imitrex I got awful tension. I also tried that new treximet which is 85mg Imitrex and aleve mixed together and that gave me tension. You may want to try a lower dose.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #3
    warmbreeze
    (female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User

Hi I answered your other post, so this is a repeat. I get the same exact headache that you describe. I've suffered from these since I was 15, I'm 53 now. Nothing has ever helped. Finally a Doctor gave me Zomig and it's been amazing. I never leave home with out it in case one comes on. He gave me something else to take with the Zomig but I can't remember the name of it. I'll have to check and get back to you on that. I believe the Zomig is the one that is the effective one because I ran out of Zomig at one time and took the other one and it didn't touch it. Please talk to your Dr about this drug, it has worked miracles for me. Hope this helps, I totally feel for what you're going through.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:44 PM   #4
    warmbreeze
    (female)

warmbreeze HB Userwarmbreeze HB User

I just heard about treximet and researched it today. It's supposively part Immitrex and part Naproxen, which is prescription Alieve. I can't take Naproxen because it makes me tense and aggitated. I take Zomig and it works great, but it's very expensive.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
    janart
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

janart HB User

well actually zomig 5mg is the one that I've been taking lately. I've tried frova and one other but can't remember the name and it did the same thing. The doc did give me rx for imitrex 100 mg but when I saw how strong it was I was afraid to take it. I just don't understand why each one of these cause me this problem. No one I have spoke with had had this issue with them. GRRRR Thanks yall for replying

Old 11-02-2008, 04:10 PM   #6
    Cakies
    (female)

Cakies HB User

Have you tried imitrex 50mg? It is way better than the 100mg for me, it usually relieves the headaches and does not cause the tension headaches that the 100mg caused. Another suggestion is Furenol its a different kind of drug than the usual migrane meds, I was taking that when I was 12 yrs old till I was 17 because they don't recomend migrane meds for children. It worked really well the biggest problem is that it made me soooo sleepy but I know of people who don't react that way to it.

Last edited by Cakies; 11-03-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:26 AM   #7
    littleshelly
    (female)

littleshelly HB User

I take Midrin and an Excedrin Migraine. Usually works well within a half hour.

Closed Thread