It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• 10 day headache

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
    Ranger1
    (male)

Ranger1 HB User
    10 day headache

I woke up 10 days ago with a very intense headache. Although I have had the occasionally headaches in the past this was different. I actually felt like I had been hit in the back of the head My sympton started in the back of my head including throbbing accompanied with a sense of numbness. Over the course of the next day the headache seemed to move toward the middle of my head between the temples. My whole head at times has a strange sense of numbness and the headache does not seem to be going away. I will admit this also comes during a time of feeling some anxiety in my life. My Dr. said it was probably a virus and is willing to prescribe a stronger medication then the ibuprofin I have been taking. Do these symptoms sound normal??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2008, 09:52 AM   #2
    ZoeGirl
    Veteran
    (female)

ZoeGirl HB User
    Re: 10 day headache

It doesn't sound normal to me. They haven't done a CT scan or MRI to rule anything out?

I had a 5 day migraine and had all the work ups with everything coming back normal. I finally sought out a headache clinic and they seemed to have cured me. The 5 day migraine then became a bad headache which has slowly decreased and finally gone away.

One thing about pain meds is they will cause rebound headaches, so temporarily fixing the headache but it usually comes back worse! Aleve seems to be the drug of choice for headaches as it does not cause rebound (Ibuprofen can). I was put on a prescription anti-inflammatory and Lyrica.

If you aren't getting better, seeking another opinion would be wise.

Feel better soon!

Closed Thread