It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• VERY worried about new onset headaches for last two months

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #1
    bigmick1961
    (male)

bigmick1961 HB User
    VERY worried about new onset headaches for last two months

Hi all,

Some headache issues/concerns I'd like to share to see if anyone else has anything vaguely similar in any way. 47yr-old male in otherwise good health. Sinus issues on and off all of my life. Annoying post-nasal drip for last few months partially resolved with 8 days doxycycline over Christmas period. Still have chronic throat-clearing problem even now. I coughed up a few bits of deeply unpleasant orangey/pastey purulous phlegm between Christmas and New Year. Some bad ear pain on and off last year. No previous history of chronic headache/migraine.

ALSO: two months ago, mild orgasm headache (first I've ever had - not severe but rapid in onset RIGHT at THE moment - dull ache lasted an hour if that, but followed by a bit of nausea and clamminess - may have been panic-related - for a couple of hrs thereafter). Ever since, I've had intermittent mild headaches for a couple of days and then not for a couple of days and so on (sometimes with light nausea - never lose my appetite). Always have a kinda full feeling in forehead and when I have the headache it's a low-grade headache with some light stabbing jolts in forehead a few times an hour. Often feels like mild toothache in my head. Doc not concerned, although I am! I've never had these kind of headaches before. I'm going to go for a self-funded (in UK Doc can't refer straight to MRI/MRA) MRI/MRA ASAP next week to see if anything untoward is going on - I'm anxious enough at the best of times! Headaches get worse thru day, aren't present on awaking and never awaken me. No worse if bending over or straining (kinda contradicts the sinus headache idea...) Eyes fine. No numbness. No consciousness impairment. Some occasional subliminal ringing in ears.

SO: In a nutshell, a new onset mild intermittent headache that kicked off with/coincided with an orgasmic headache. I'm wondering whether this all sinus (frontal) related and the orgasm headache was just coincidental/brought on a sinus headache? Or whether the orgasm headache is THE issue and the backdrop of sinus issues is therefore the most likely option for the Doc?

Would love to hear any similar experiences from anyone else out there!

Kind Regards to all,

Mike

EDIT: MRIs all fine except for polyps and gunge/blockage in left maxillary sinus - trip to ENT required to get this little lot hopefully sorted/corrected.

Last edited by bigmick1961; 02-10-2009 at 05:31 AM. Reason: MRI Results

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2009, 12:16 PM   #2
    spi
    (male)

spi HB User
    Re: VERY worried about new onset headaches for last two months

Mike,

I am a 46 yo male. Beginning in early November I have had similar, off and on headaches on a near daily basis. I remember the exact start of the headaches - leaving the gym on a cold, windy day. Some days are worse that others. Slight shooting pains behind eyes, in forehead, sometimes pain/soreness on top of head, mild dizziness. Occasional nausea although have generally maintained my appetite. Lots of fatigue some days. I have occasional migraines (1x per year on average) but always get aura .. nothing like that here. Regular pain medicines don't work (advil, tylenol) ... the occasional Excedrin Migraine can help a bit. I have had many tests performed: brain MRI, Sinus scan, blood work, ct scan of stomach, eye work (got new contacts just before the headaches started) ... all normal. Like you, my doctor is unconcerned and can't figure it out. Says its stress although I have very little stress in my life. Its been three months and I am learning to live with the discomfort but still hoping it gets better.

Mike

Closed Thread