It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Dizziness/Headache/Vision

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
    imnotpaulpierce
    (male)

imnotpaulpierce HB User
    Dizziness/Headache/Vision

I've had a somewhat light-headed/dizzy sensation when I stand and sit upright for the past couple of weeks. I have also had a headache that seems to come and go. The headache is usually above my brow. I would describe it mostly as a tension headache.

I have also noticed a change in my vision, but I cannot tell if it is simply a bi-product of the dizziness. My eyes seem to have a hard time focusing on one thing and seem to be 'darting around' quite a bit. I am near-sighted and have a -5.00 prescription.

I have also had terrible difficulty sleeping well since I first noticed symptoms more than 2 weeks ago.

I went to the doctor more than a week ago and had some lab work done. Blood work, Urine, EKG, everything came back normal.

I do suffer from some form of chronic ear-wax syndrome and have had to have empacted ear-wax removed multiple times. I know inner-ear issues can sometimes cause these problems, but I've never had symptoms like this before.

Any help would be great. It's starting to drive me crazy! I have another doctors appointment scheduled, but it's not for another 2 weeks! Can't get me in sooner! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
    Thamarai
    (female)

Thamarai HB User
    Re: Dizziness/Headache/Vision

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear about that....it's tough. I can totally relate. Most of my migraines and headaches all occur above my left eye, near the brow. They're most likely migraines and not tension headaches (but the ****** part is that if you get a lot of migraines, they can cause tension headaches as well). From the research I've done, dizziness and vision problems are caused by expanding blood vessels in your brain. Blood vessels expand when you have a headache or migraine...that's just how they work...and why they suck. Also, if you get the vision problems before you get the headache, they could be visual auras. Auras are kind of a warning that you're about to get a migraine and can appear as color changes in your vision, blurred vision, or darting images, like you described.

And the insomnia thing....just part of the deal. I did a little research and there are high rates of insomnia among migraine patients. DO NOT take sleeping pills though. If you're a chronic headache kid like me, they're going to put you on a lot of meds anyways, so save your liver! Take 5mg of melatonin 30 minutes before you want to go to sleep (on an empty stomach preferably). Melatonin regulates your sleep cycle and your body already produces it, just not enough if you're an insomniac. You can get them at drug stores and grocery stores. Don't take more than 5mg though. Start at 3mg maybe, and if that does the trick, stick with that then work your way up to 5mg if necessary.

Hope this helps!

Closed Thread