It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Achy Head and other bizarre stuff...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
tsukiakage
(female)

tsukiakage HB User
Achy Head and other bizarre stuff...

I'm not sure what's going on, maybe a little background and a list of my symptoms.

I came down with what I, as well as my doctor seemed to think was a sinus infection back on December 4th, 2008. Had a fever, green mucus, sinus pressure, headache, upset stomach from swallowing too much drainage... etc. I went on my first round of antibiotics, which was a 5 day Z-pack. Got off of it, and about a week later, everything came back a bit worse.

The doctor put me on 10 days of Ceftin that time. Finsihed that, came back yet again a week or two later and he put me on 30 days of Zithromax. (Azithromyacin or however it is spelled.).

Finished up my 30 days of that and about two weeks later, I was sicker than before. I started coughing that morining (which, was about three weeks ago.) and it was all down in my chest this time. By that night, I was running a 102.8 degree fever, had horrid chills, etc. The doctor called me in 20 days worth of Ceftin again. Went on the Ceftin, started to feel a bit better, but then came back to work the following Tuesday. When the afternoon rolled around, I felt HORRID, so I went home and then to the doctor. He listened to me and told me that he wanted to change antibiotics to Dioxycyclene (not sure how to spell it.) I've taken my 10 days of that and went off of it this past Sunday.

I'm still feeling insanely weak and my head is killing me. My neck is also insanely stiff all the time. It's usually slightly better when I first wake up in the morning, but by the time I have been at work for a bit and sitting at the computer, it starts aching. Heat takes the pain away temporarily, as does over the counter pain killers. However, it seems to be getting worse. I have called the doctor, and he had me get a sinus xray two days ago. Still waiting to hear back what he has to say.

The weirdest, most recent addition to all of this is the inability to sleep. I fall right asleep when I get to bed, but then I wake up, regardless of what time I go to bed (almost always 10 pm) at 3 AM and cannot get back to sleep. I finally started getting drowsy at about 5 AM yesterday. The sleeplessness thing started on Sunday. The same day I went off the antibiotic.

Also, I had this bizarre severe pinching feeling at the base of my skull yesterday afternoon. and I have had this pinching pain in my lower back for a couple weeks now.

I have no idea if all of this is related or what is going on.

Medications I am currently on are: Allegra D 12 hour, Guaifenisin, and YAZ birthcontrol. Also, Excedrin tension headache as necessary to make my headache/neckache/backache tolerable.

Please help. I don't know how much longer I can stand only getting 4 - 5 hours of sleep! At first I thought it was just because I wasn't being as active as usual (I have been a workout buff since last June, going at least 3 mornings a week to the gym. I have lost a total of 98 lbs so far.) and that I was just having too much energy when I went to bed... but I went for a 45 minute walk yesterday on my lunch hour to hopefully burn extra energy, and the same thing happened last night. I was woken up at 2 AM today by who-knows-what and could not get back to sleep.

If anyone has any idea or suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread