It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

information

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2009, 05:17 AM   #1
meshal
(male)

meshal HB User
information

recently i been experiencing a headache especially on the left side of my head and it is consistant all day sometimes when i dont have which less than an hour a day i still feel that the left part of my head is heavy and my left eye and i feel my left ear like blocked and there is pressure,adding that i always feel tired and dizzy and my eyes brightning with my right pupil sometimes bigger than the other,i want to make an MRI but i donno why honestly i am reading lately and i am anxious if it is a brain tumor i went to my GP and he told me the chance of this is low but i didnt get a clear answer and he said we have to do acupuncture and all this staff it might be musce pressure on the skull.i am very anxiou and this is distracting me to concentrate .please help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2009, 06:47 AM   #2
dolejaly
Veteran
(female)

dolejaly HB User
Re: information

Well first off get another opinion from a doctor....some signs show migraines, some show ear infection, sinus pressure or infection, but none of these things fall under symptoms of unequal pupils.....For many years I had to learn a lot of things w/ the brain and different symptoms for a couple things as you are describing can be guessed at, but the pupil dilation being different are signs of something more severe,...You need to have a MRI or a CAT to know exactly what is going on, do not let doctors tell you differently...A friend of mine went through ungodly headaches and they told her it was just migraines only after 2 months she found there was a tumor causing pressure leaving her w/ all the pain..The doctors played guessing games and went by symptoms instead of actually looking into everything and she suffered badly for it...So w/ what you described it should be looked into thoroughly, maybe it is just something simple but to be on the safe side have it looked into.....

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-10-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 06-06-2009, 08:12 AM   #3
meshal
(male)

meshal HB User

thank you for your reply and i wanna mention something more happen couple hours ago and still that my left arm and left leg are very heavy for moer than 15 mins that i felt that i have to go the ER i really donno,in your experience or can you describe for me in details how old s your friend and what she was suffering other than headaches and i remenber something in happen to me like this for couple month in 2006 which is 3 years ago severe headache ,is it possible if there is something in the brain will last for 3 years without very severe symptoms,sorry for disturbing you but i am really worried.

Old 06-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
dolejaly
Veteran
(female)

dolejaly HB User

She would get the headaches so bad that she actually beat her head against a wall and just screamed...Mind you I also get migraines and have has some wicked ones that I wish someone would have just stuck my head into a vice and squeezed it.....and what I seen her go through was not one of the same, she complained of vision problems, also she did complain of just not feeling right. But, what you are describing to me is not plain headaches and needs attention quickly! It is hard for a doctor to diagnose medical issues w/ out tests and yes by just playing guessing games can lead to long term medical problems in the end.

Also another friend of mine that was rushed into emergency surgery due to a aneurysm on the brain dealt w/ some medical issues prior to that happening. Her doctor did not order tests as well and wrote her headaches off as migraines to.....The brain controls everything in our body and if you are having issues w/ one side of your body along w/ these headaches I would demand that tests be done ASAP....Maybe going to the ER room might not be a bad idea beings your doctor hasn't ordered test that most likely the ER doctor will......If you do get it checked out please keep me informed of what is going on, I'm really interested in knowing.....But, don't mess around, by the sounds of this there is more going on that needs direct immediate attention.......

My friend at the time was only 25 when she found out that a tumor was causing her the pain she was going through, she had dealt w/ this for some time and luckily something was done when it was or she would have died, it was just a shame that she had to go through such a thing while a doctor made guessing games instead of checking into it further when she first complained of the medical issues she was having. My other friend was 37......

Old 06-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
meshal
(male)

meshal HB User

can i know how is her condition now and since how long she had the tumor before discovering and in what case she went to the ER i mean what was the symptoms that made her go and one more thing does she have everyday headache or she had it as go and come ?what did she meant she is not feeling well and what kind of vision problems and any problems in her hand or leg or both ? thanks and i will let you updated.

Old 06-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #6
dolejaly
Veteran
(female)

dolejaly HB User

Her headaches were constantly everyday for several months, as days went by the headaches started getting severe to where she could not function as she would say it hurt to think....She was trying over the counter medication for quite awhile, the doctor put her on migraine medication but the headaches only worsened w/ every day....She started going up to the ER room and they would give her demeral shots or morphine to help her sleep. She would awaken w/ the headache......They did not run test for months on her, but towards the last few weeks before the surgery she was in so much pain that it was the actual ER doctor that ordered either a CAT or a MRI and that is when they seen the tumor that was causing all the pressure, So it was at least I believe about 7 months before anything was actually done....They could not tell her if the tumor was growing rapidly or anything beings they never done any test and assumed it was just migraines, actually at one time they told her it was because of her sinus's...During the ongoing medical problem she lost vision in her left eye I believe,more like really blurry, not total sight gone, she felt sick to her stomach, plus weakness on her left side as well....She complained of tingling in her arm.....She said even to the touch her head felt as if it was bruised on the outside.She kept just saying she didn't feel right....This took place about 12 - 14 yrs ago..Today she is fine, other than a huge scar that does come down towards her forehead..She doesn't get headaches on a regular basis and lives a normal life....

Now that I think about it, my brother had issues w/ headaches about 6 yrs ago and they found a very small blood clot on the brain, he complained a lot as well about numbness and constant headaches, but they gave him some kind of medication that was suppose to help dissolve the blood clot..I never really heard much more about it after that....He is fine today so I am guessing it worked.....I do hope this information helps, I also hope you get the medical attention you need....remember everyone has different symptoms for different things, but what you have described should not be blown off....Demand tests to be done....Again, keep me informed so I know how your doing.,...

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-10-2009 at 02:40 PM. Reason: removed quote

Old 06-10-2009, 05:22 AM   #7
meshal
(male)

meshal HB User
updating

hi,
my doctor ordered a CT SCAN head and i did it and the result came as follows: there are some retention cysts in the maxillary sinuses,the sinuses are otherwise well aerated and there is no calvarial abnormality.
and he wrote manythings as well but as a final conclusion he wrote:normal appearances. there is no intracranial space occupying lesion,haemorrhage or any hydrocephalus.still in pain and headache but more relaxed and he said the problem might me in neck-shoulder but does these sinuses make this headache (severe) and pain the whole left side.
please advice me as i have to see the doctor after a week and it looks ages for me.
thank you

Old 06-10-2009, 08:00 AM   #8
dolejaly
Veteran
(female)

dolejaly HB User

Sinus pressure can cause a lot of pain....So your sinus's can be a part of your headaches..Keep in mind that not always dose a headache originate from inside the head as the doctor said it could be something in your neck causing the headaches... I get terrible headaches because my neck gets so tight for no reason and it then irritates my arm.

Just keep on the doctor until he finds where the problem is coming from..I am glad to see that there are no tumors or any other issues as far as that goes. It could be a pinched nerve causing headaches as well....But, if the doctor is willing to find the source of the problem hopefully it will be resolved soon and you will be pain free.....Keep me updated and good luck...

Closed Thread