It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Painful headache only on the right side... Please help!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #1
nycountrygirl84
(female)

nycountrygirl84 HB User
Unhappy Painful headache only on the right side... Please help!!!

I started having headaches on Memorial Day of this year. They started off as dull ones then got to the point where I can't drive at night because of the lights, if I'm a passenger I have to wear my sunglasses to dim the light. Now they're to the point where I'm dizzy, nauseated, can't focus in on anything, I get a sharp pain in my right ear and light ringing in it. It's also hurting my right shoulder. I can feel throbbing in the back of my head. It's only my right side the left is perfectly fine. However, because of this I've missed a few days of work. I can't stand being in florescent lights no more than a few hours.

I need help because I don't know what caused this right out of the blue. It's starting to worry me a little. I don't have insurance so I can't see a dr right now. I've taken almost all over the counter medicines I can get and none seem to be helping. Although if I bend over and put pressure on my head and ear it seems to ease up a little.

What could have caused this? I've never gotten this bad of a headache before in my life. I used to only get 1 or 2 a yr and that was it.

Please help me if you can... I'm desperate here. I really, really need the pain to go AWAY!!!!!

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2009, 05:32 AM   #2
blues1986
(male)

blues1986 HB User
Re: Painful headache only on the right side... Please help!!!

If medication isn't working that is not a good sign. If it were a traditional headache, meds would certainly help it. I am not sure what kind of help you are looking for here? You really need to see a doctor. These are troubling signs.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
fordp82
(male)

fordp82 HB User

Hello,
you seem to be suffering from migraine with all its signs like photophobia, nausea, unilaterality. you need to try anti migraine drugs like ergot and even prophylaxis if it occurs frequently.

Last edited by fordp82; 06-28-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:01 PM   #4
leeshy215
(female)

leeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB Userleeshy215 HB User

please read my post. I think it will help you. Migraines come and go throughout peoples lives. Please read my post!

Old 06-29-2009, 04:20 AM   #5
srfrgrl1
(female)

srfrgrl1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Painful headache only on the right side... Please help!!!

I concur, it sounds like a migraine. How old are you? Male or femaile?
All important questions.
I'm an expert..email me.
my best tip a shot of Toradal (anti-inflammatory) works within 20 minutes, and you can drive and work..
awesome
* email address and/or contact information removed by hb-mod, moderator *

Last edited by hb-mod; 06-29-2009 at 04:58 AM. Reason: Please don't post contact info, such as email address, per Posting Policy.

Closed Thread