It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

Migraine aura for 12 days

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2009, 06:38 PM   #1
JPET1313
(female)

JPET1313 HB User
Exclamation Migraine aura for 12 days

I've gotten migraines with aura for over 25 years. But almost two weeks ago we were watching tv and suddenly half the tv went dark. Everything i looked at i could only see half. Then about a half hour later i got the normal zig zag lines and the headache. Well 12 days later i still have the light. Not a full blown cresent like a typical aura but enough that i don't drive right now which is really irritating. Looking in the mirror putting on make up or trying to do my hair is i chore. I don't have the headaches much with it, maybe 30 percent of the time. I've been on topomax, midrin, tylenol 3, had a shot of tordol and over the counter such as advil. I went to the eye doctor and that was good. I had a ct scan done this week and that came out good. I am also on high blood pressure pills due to a heart attack 38 days ago due to heart spasms. My doctor said there was nothing more she could do and i would have to see a neurologist which isn't till october 21st. I'll go crazier by then!! Anyone have any clues, or heard of anything like this?? Please help!!

Last edited by JPET1313; 10-02-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #2
rooney5
(female)

rooney5 HB User
Re: Migraine aura for 12 days

i have been getting migraines about one or two a year for the last 10 years or so. then starting this past february i started getting daily headaches. over the last nine or so months they have been getting progressively worse. for several weeks i had an aura that was EVERYDAY!!! the peripheral of my left eye was blurry as soon as i woke up and lasted ALL day long everyday for several weeks. sometimes i would have headaches, sometimes they would turn into migraines, but with or without the headaches i still had the aura. i have been on topamax now for about a month and a half. i have lost about 15 pounds because i have no appetite, it makes me nauseous, and it has changed the way my food tastes. i don't know if the topamax has made it better or not. the aura seems to be a bit less frequent now, but is still most of the time. i did see a neurologist at the end of september, but she seemed to be useless. i hope yours is better then mine was. she did up my topamax and made me start this CRAZY diet to try and iliminate triggers. i have been sticking to this diet, which hasn't been too hard since i havne't been hungry anyway, but nothing has helped. i am working with my regular dr. still. i am now looking into maybe some other medication i am taking as the cause of the headaches, i am a week into not taking that medication and not having any luck yet. the next time i go to the dr. i am planning on asking about celiacs testing, food allergies. just gonna keep trying things until it gets better. the constant aura is very distracting. but i actually prefer that to the headaches. i could live without the peripheral vision in my left eye. i can't stand the pain of these headaches and migraines. keep me up to date with your progress or ilimation of ideas.

Closed Thread