It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Chronic headaches and facial pressure for over 2 years!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #31
    nickraphael
    (male)

nickraphael HB User
    Re: Chronic headaches and facial pressure for over 2 years!

I've suffered with similar symptoms for the last 8-9 years and I have also been to MHNI. Sorry to say this but I've spent a lot of money on this and haven't gotten as many results. We do have slightly different symptoms though, and I think you should check out middle turbinate headaches, there was also something similar... I'm not sure if it was turbinate or not, but a man had dull pain in the bridge of his nose/forehead for a long time, and he also went to many places to seek treatment including MHNI, and a doctor figured it it had something to do with tissue pressing on the nerve in his sinuses. His treatment saved him and his marriage. The article was in a major newspaper and online. I have it bookmarked somewhere, but try middle turbinate and if that doesn't work I'll have to go through my book marks (I have thousands bookmarked btw)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #32
    nickraphael
    (male)

nickraphael HB User

and btw you that tried the sinus buster should try this, as dulling the nerve with a topical anasthetic is one of the tests done to indicate sinus turbinate headaches....

Old 12-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #33
    nickraphael
    (male)

nickraphael HB User

Rochelle18, have you looked at pseudo tumor cerebri?
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pseudotumor-cerebri/DS00851

Old 12-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #34
    dukert
    (male)

dukert HB User

JIM maguire,

Just wondering what meds the Dr. at Michigan put you on...thanks.

Dukert

Old 12-06-2009, 06:48 AM   #35
    jimmag
    (male)

jimmag HB User

DHE while I was there. Now Methergine ,Neurontin,and klonipin .Jim

Old 12-07-2009, 12:30 PM   #36
    2005djb
    (female)

2005djb HB User

After reading this Thread, I had to respond;

My husband (at 48 years old that was 6 years ago) was have that same pressure, I think. He had many tests and during this time they found he had hyperthyroidism, sleep apena and then a couple of years later he had glacoma. Now he is partially blind in his left eye and has drops he puts in his eyes every night and day for the pressure. The eye doc said that he was to young for glacoma (spell?) and now look what happened.

I was looking online because I always have a sinus headache, my Doc put me on AllerRX 1 1/2 years ago and if I don't take it I get a sinus infection. It relieves the headaches I get (which are alleryies and weather change (low pressure headaches).

Please be tested for the above! Hope you all feel better soon!

Old 12-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #37
    SinusPainCanada
    (female)

SinusPainCanada HB User

Thank You for your response. I have written down the medication name and the condition your husband had. I feel like my search is endless. I have only been suffering since April but it feels like years to me. I am only 44 years old and it is becoming debilitating to go to work or even do daily activities like cleaning house and cooking dinner. We have a shortage of doctors where I am from and my Dr. insists its migraine but the pain is in the nose and forehead area. I have no choice but to wait until mid January to see and ENT. I am counting the days.

Thanks again..

Angie

Old 12-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #38
    mebbmw
    (female)

mebbmw HB User

Hi Rochelle. Sorry it has taken so long to get back with you on my trip to the lyme doctor. The first thing she did was look in my ears and found a LOT of fluid in both ears (symptoms for 16 months, seen by a dozen or so doctorsn and not 1 doctor looking in my ears. . .?). She told me to take OTC claritin and vitamin c and wait for lyme results. A few days after taking them I developed a wicked sore throat (like a golf ball was stuck on one side of it). One week later the pressure in my head was completely gone. That was a week and a half ago. The only time I get the pressure back is when I wear my glasses (while I am driving). I got my lyme results this evening with only 2 bands lit on the western blot (apparently you need 5 bands according to the CDC to have lyme disease). But I am okay with that. The "fog" is out of my head 99% of the time and I feel human for the first time in over a year. I cannot stop smiling. I feel like a little kid again. I have my energy and I don't want to go to bed for fear I will wake up with the never ending pressure again. I wish you the best of luck in finding your cure. I just wish everyone on here that has all these same debilitating symptoms could have a little more remorse and affection from their doctors. I have had more than 1 dr. say it's all in my head and that is the worst feeling in the world to have pain that other people don't understand so they automatically assume it is make-believe. May all of you prove those people wrong and feel better soon.

Old 12-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #39
    LL37
    (female)

LL37 HB UserLL37 HB User

has anyone looked into dry sinus problems for you? Certain vitamin deficiencies can contribute to those like low vitamin A as far as I've read, and it can cause you skin problems too boot.

Old 12-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #40
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nickraphael View Post
    I've suffered with similar symptoms for the last 8-9 years and I have also been to MHNI. Sorry to say this but I've spent a lot of money on this and haven't gotten as many results. We do have slightly different symptoms though, and I think you should check out middle turbinate headaches, there was also something similar... I'm not sure if it was turbinate or not, but a man had dull pain in the bridge of his nose/forehead for a long time, and he also went to many places to seek treatment including MHNI, and a doctor figured it it had something to do with tissue pressing on the nerve in his sinuses. His treatment saved him and his marriage. The article was in a major newspaper and online. I have it bookmarked somewhere, but try middle turbinate and if that doesn't work I'll have to go through my book marks (I have thousands bookmarked btw)
    That's exactly what I had (I get many types of headaches but that was one). It was bad sinus pressure at the bridge of my nose/ between my eyes. I saw an ENT and they told me my turbinates were enlarged and I had a deviated septum. They did NOT pick up on the problem with my middle turbinate (the deformaty is called concha bullosa). I recently decided to go forward with surgery but went to another surgeon. This surgeon had to look at my CTs twice before he noticed the concha bullosa deformity. I had them removed back in October. I still get sinus headaches and pressure, but the pressure on my bridge and between my eyes are completely gone!

Old 12-27-2009, 01:06 PM   #41
    876kenneth
    (male)

876kenneth HB User

That sounds horrible, I have a sinus infection that I am taking augmentin for, I feel the best with the pressure and dizzy feeling after taking a motrin 800 which is probably the feeling you get from the glasses of wine. The pressure is definately causing your problems, because I am going through the same thing. I hope you feel better! Make sure you are an advocate for yourself, keep bothering the doctors until something works.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #42
    Rochelle18
    (female)

Rochelle18 HB User

Hi guy's just thought i'd give every one a quick up date. I'm still in the same boat, head ache distorted vision and facial pressure every day from morning till night despite constantly trying new things. Anyway did a bit of research into regression and aparantly it can explaine people's irrational fears phobias and pain etc... Although I'm more than a little skepticle I'm gonna give it a shot, got an app next week to see if i can get any idea of what it is and where it stemed from will keep you posted. Hope ur all doing well xox

Closed Thread