HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Headaches & Migraines (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/)
-   -   Chronic headaches and facial pressure for over 2 years! (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/716892-chronic-headaches-facial-pressure-over-2-years.html)

Rochelle18 10-11-2009 02:30 PM

Chronic headaches and facial pressure for over 2 years!

Hiya, My name's Rochelle.

I'm new on here, I have just joined to see if anyone can help me in anyway and suggest something I might not of tried...

My head one day started off just with an immense pressure, feeling like my head was in a vice! It was in my temples, forehead, over my nose, in my septum and behind my eyes just feeling like they were being pushed out!

Initially I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, took the antibiotics and they seemed to work but after a few days it came back. I got referred to an ENT after taking loads of antibiotics, nasal sprays etc, to no avail.

I have since then seen 5 ENT's and have 2 sinus CAT scans, both being clear and all ENT's saying it's not related. Also seen a Neurologist with no avail still. They told me it was neuralgia so i tried amatriptyline and started off with 10 mls then 20, no success, then tried a similar drug with no success.

I have also tried acupuncture once a week for 3 months with teas and cupping, hypnosis (at one point they said it could be psychological) osteopathy, massage, homeopathy for 4 months, kept food diaries to see if anything i eat or drink makes any difference, and it doesn't. Although when I have a glass or 2 of wine it sometimes relieves the pressure but that's the only thing so far that has relieved it but then again it's only short lived.
Also have seen a dentist and optician as it affects my vision aswell, it feels like looking through a fish bowl, and the feeling of standing up too quickly when you feel a bit dizzy, but it's constant.

It's like this from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed, when it first started I had to quit my job because it was so debilitating.

I'm going to see a biomechanic physical therapist to see if she can help me in anyway so fingers crossed.

If anyone in any way can help me with anything I've not tried, please let me know. I'm so desperate. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else who has gone through this as I don't know of anyone who has!

Thanks so much.

Rochelle xox

dolysods 10-11-2009 06:29 PM

Re: Chronic headaches and facial pressure for over 2 years!

you say you have kept a food journal, but have you ever tried eliminating certain foods? all dairy? all wheat/gluten? it would take 3-4 wks before you would get the full benefit.

What does the acupuncturist say? The one i see was a medical dr in Russia also. He can take one look at my tongue and see if i'm dehydrated, stressed etc.

I don't see chiropractic listed... that also helps me

Good luck!

Rochelle18 10-12-2009 12:16 AM

yeah tried eliminating foods infact I vegetarian and went veagan for 6 months.and tried cutting out caffine, alcohol sweetners all for at least a monthat a time etc.... thanks for ur suggestion though xox

Rochelle18 10-16-2009 12:58 PM

So just thought I would update this seeing as I saw a biomechanic today.

She said it was tri-geminal neuralgia caused by the vertebraes in my spine caused by a concussion i had a long time ago and not known about it, so she popped them all back into place which was very painful. she said I can't do any heavy lifting for 3-5 days and i should start noticing results, fingers crossed!

will let you know if this works!

xox

dolysods 10-16-2009 01:51 PM

Sounds like a start! did she think you would additional adjustments?

tmeling 10-18-2009 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=Rochelle18;4097641]Hiya, My name's Rochelle.

I'm new on here, I have just joined to see if anyone can help me in anyway and suggest something I might not of tried...

My head one day started off just with an immense pressure, feeling like my head was in a vice! It was in my temples, forehead, over my nose, in my septum and behind my eyes just feeling like they were being pushed out!

Initially I was diagnosed with a sinus infection, took the antibiotics and they seemed to work but after a few days it came back. I got referred to an ENT after taking loads of antibiotics, nasal sprays etc, to no avail.

I have since then seen 5 ENT's and have 2 sinus CAT scans, both being clear and all ENT's saying it's not related. Also seen a Neurologist with no avail still. They told me it was neuralgia so i tried amatriptyline and started off with 10 mls then 20, no success, then tried a similar drug with no success.

I have also tried acupuncture once a week for 3 months with teas and cupping, hypnosis (at one point they said it could be psychological) osteopathy, massage, homeopathy for 4 months, kept food diaries to see if anything i eat or drink makes any difference, and it doesn't. Although when I have a glass or 2 of wine it sometimes relieves the pressure but that's the only thing so far that has relieved it but then again it's only short lived.
Also have seen a dentist and optician as it affects my vision aswell, it feels like looking through a fish bowl, and the feeling of standing up too quickly when you feel a bit dizzy, but it's constant.

It's like this from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed, when it first started I had to quit my job because it was so debilitating.

I'm going to see a biomechanic physical therapist to see if she can help me in anyway so fingers crossed.

If anyone in any way can help me with anything I've not tried, please let me know. I'm so desperate. It would be interesting to hear if anyone else who has gone through this as I don't know of anyone who has!

Thanks so much.

Rochelle xox[/QUOTE]
I'm looking for help for my sister who is suffering the same symptoms and has gone through the same circle of docs and treated for sinus infections for several weeks only to find out after a MRI that she never did have a sinus infec. she has now had 4 MRI's and the docs dont seem any closer to figuring out what it is. she wakes up with the headache and after any amount of exercise the headache is in full empack, pain releivers dont seem to help and she has been on several different rx;s prescribed by a nuerologist that have not worked. she is getting desperate and I am worried for her. she had lasik eye surgery and I'm wondering if any one who is suffering the same why has had lasik eye surgery? thanks for your time.

Rochelle18 10-21-2009 02:25 AM

OH poor girl, I know exactly how she feel's as i'm in the same boat, it's so dibiliataing, and no form of pain killers touch the sides. I didn't have any eye surgery but to be honest it might not have made any difference weather she had it or not. 2years and nearly 4months into having this daily, I'm still no closer to finding a cure or a diagnosis!!! But my doctor said the next step for me is to see a pain consoltant, but i don't know how successfull that'll be. I really do hope ur sister finds something that can help as i know just how hideous this is. And if she does find a treatment that she notices a difference on maybe u could let me know too. good luck, my heart goes out to u's xox

jkmiec19 10-26-2009 07:43 PM

Thanks so much.

Rochelle xox[/QUOTE]
Hello. My name is Jenny and I am new to this site as well.
I've been dealing with something similar for over 6 years now. It's hard to some up how many different specialities I have tried, let alone the number of doctors. The one thing I'm sure of is that I have TMJ. I had jaw surgery in August of last year thinking that it would be the answer, but I'm still in a lot of pain.
My headache--which is constant like yours--I feel mostly over the bridge of my nose. It feels like there's a screw through my nose that is tightened. This pressure sensation seems connected to my jaw problem because, for example, my pain will get a lot worse if I read my children a full-length Dr. Suess book. So, other then talking, chewing something hard will make it worse and so will the position of my head. If I bend over so that my head is lower than chest level the pain is much worse. And, exercising in a way that increases my heart rate and sends more blood to my head--like bending over--this will make the pressure more intense as well.
If your symptoms are similar to mine, I would be very interested to find out. It seems that these symptoms always seem to be related to a sinus infection--but I am congestion free. I did however try the ENT route as well. 4 years ago. I actually had a septoplasty to correct a severly deviated septum---another attempt at a cure--but this didn't work either.
I am also desperate and often feel like I'm at the end of my rope. At the moment I just try my best to manage the pain with pain killers--I've even been on narcotics and have that dependence issue as well. However, I also go to therapy, acupuncture, massage and a chiropractor. Thankfully I have a very loving husband that has seen me through all of this and prays as desperatly as I do for some relief.
I'm sorry that you are suffering as I am, but I'm glad to be in touch with someone else fo the support that it may provide.

Best Wishes,
Jenny

helptheworld 10-26-2009 08:07 PM

My question to you is this your only symptoms or there more? Like joint pain, fatigue, nausea or anything else? It is important to know all the symptoms or maybe you have stated all the symptoms. It the adjustment works great, but I would be surprised. But, I do wish you luck. Sudafed will relieve the pressure very possibly.

Rochelle18 10-28-2009 02:37 PM

Hi, my only other symptom is fatiuge, really badly, no nausia or joint pain. Tried sudafed many times and doesn't make any difference, but thank u for the message and suggestion!!!! : )

brademonsta 11-01-2009 08:53 AM

Rochelle and Jenny,

I too have begun to experience these symptoms. I am an otherwise healthy, 24 year old male living in Minnesota. Like Rochelle, I had multiple concussions while growing up playing hockey. I wonder if this is related to how I am feeling now: Pressure in my sinuses, above my eyes, 'floaty' feeling is pretty much constant. I have some fatigue, especially when I have not slept enough. Working out seems to help some, at least it helps me to relax and get some sleep, but when I am done I feel more light-headed.

I have pressure right now, as I am sitting here typing this message, in the back of my head (more a tingly feeling) I also have the constant pressure on the bridge of my nose and above my eyes. When I eat, my jaw seems to get tired more quickly than it did before, but this could be from grinding at night as well.

Any suggestions? I am new to this forum and I know I need to go see someone, probably a neurologist. It makes me feel better knowing I am not alone, although it is never nice to hear that someone else is suffering as well.

One last note, my Mom had Fibromayalgia. I have read up on the symptons, etc and feel like I am in a different boat but who knows. I know many neurological problems are hereditary. I am anxiously waiting some help as it seems doctors so far don't have a clue.

I too was diagnosed with a sinus infection. I do have seasonal allergies, hay fever, etc. but this is nothing like I have ever experienced. I took the steroids and antibiotics as prescribed, to no avail. I am on month two and looking for some relief.

Sorry this is a rambling post but like you, I am looking for any sort of advice or relief. Thank you in advance and feel better all.

helptheworld 11-07-2009 11:09 PM

I'm not a doctor, and I will tell you to confront your doctor first. Now!

My story is long, so I will say that I had most everyone's symptoms and many more. Now, I will tell everyone my story later, but for know I will tell you to atleast try drinking either apple cider vinegar mixed with pickle juice on a daily basis for two weeks and then see how you feel. Or, if you can drink apple cider vinegar staight thats great. I sure can not. You can search on the internet and find the right dosage amount. Don't drink too much or too little of the vinegar. Too much can mess your stomach up and too little will only make the healing process last longer. Everyone's reacts different. It might sound crazy that a doctor has not yet figured this out, but there are many old timers including doctors that are dieing with this valuable knowledge. I owe it to God Almighty that he allowed me to find this out and I'm giving this information free of charge courtesy of God Almighty. I only ask that you spread the word so that the world will know once you have been healed. Too many people have had to suffer too long for someone to profit off something so horrible.

Function; Reasons For Use
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple cider vinegar breaks down the body's fatty, mucous and phlegm therefore improving the health and function of your liver, bladder, and kidneys. It also helps thin the blood, which prevents high blood pressure. It promotes digestion, the assimilation and the elimination processes. Cider vinegar is a germicide and thus be able to help fight infection and inflammation when administered internally or externally. It helps prevent blood clots and stimulates the excretory organs. I took out the exact amounts below due to the websites criteria for submitting certain dosage information. Listen, you can continue to spend thousands of dollars on doctors that give these expensive test, expensive drugs, and many diagnoses. Or, you just try something as cheap as pickle juice(which has vinegar) or apple cider vinegar which will cure so much including the low grade fever, facial pressure, head aches, and much more. Your choice.

Cider vinegar is high in potassium, which is needed for the proper functioning of the heart and muscles, and in pectin (a type of fiber). Cider vinegar contains many key vitamins, minerals, amino acids and enzymes, as well as valuable fruit acids. Its unique properties make cider vinegar superior to other kinds of vinegar.

Cider vinegar contains many other nutrients, such as beta-carotene, magnesium, calcium, riboflavin and thiamin; vitamins B6, C and E; and fruit acids and pectin. Of these, beta-carotene, potassium and pectin are especially important for the heart, skin and digestion.

The vitamin C and beta-carotene in cider vinegar destroy free radicals that weaken the immune system and increase the risk of various diseases. The acids in cider vinegar control the proliferation of yeast in the intestine.

Vinegar has over time been found to be useful for many complaints. Here are some uses, some more proven than others:
cider vinegar with honey daily helps with arthritis. It dissolves the crystal deposits of uric acid that form between joints, and also in muscles in cases of muscular rheumatism.
A few tablespoons of cider vinegar a day help clear the body of toxins. It can also be used in a compress to reduce swelling and pain.
Vinegar in drinking water is effective in eliminating the low-grade fevers that are present in Chronic Fatigue sufferers.
It helps eliminate thrush in the mouth. apple cider vinegar to drinking water.
By changing the pH of the skin, Vinegar can create a hostile environment for Athlete's Foot.
Use vinegar and warm water and soak your feet to treat toenail fungus. It may take 2 months for the fungus to disappear.
For burning urination caused by bladder infection, drink vinegar and water in a juice glass daily. Burning and infection will cease.
Vinegar soothes the itching and burning of hemorrhoids. Just take a cotton ball and dab the affected area with full strength apple cider vinegar! Caution: some people find the full strength solution stings. If this happens to you, just dilute the vinegar.
Vinegar is effective against yeast infections.
Treating ear infections.
For restless leg syndrome, put full strength apple cider vinegar in a spray bottle and saturate legs. It takes itching and jerking away completely so you can sleep.
For indigestion, gastic reflux, IBS, bad breath, diverticulus, fatty liver, lactose intolerance, allergies, fatigue... apple cider vinegar in water drunk before meals helps digestion.
Corn and callus remover - soak stale bread (a cloth would probably do as well) in vinegar, and tape over the callus or corn overnight.
Age spot fader - Mix onion juice and vinegar and use it daily on age spots. It will take a few weeks to work, just like its expensive relative from the store.
Splash vinegar on your varicose veins. The vinegar is supposed to reduce the veins and relieve the pain and swelling.
It's an ongoing battle as to whether vinegar can help you lose weight, but the ones who say it will, say to drink a glass of water before each meal in which you've added a vinegar and honey.
Directions
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Only apple cider vinegar should be used for anything personal, both inside and outside the body. Do not use white distilled vinegar as it can rob your body of essential minerals.

Counter-Indicators and Warnings
Any time you take vinegar internally, be sure to rinse your mouth with plain water. Acid remaining on teeth will, over time, dissolve your teeth, as it does with calcium deposits around the sink.

Good Luck Everyone,
Doug

ssamoska 11-10-2009 05:57 AM

Thanks so much.

Rochelle xox[/QUOTE]
i have had the same problems for over 15 years and been through all the test myself ....cant keep a job so i had to start my own company which ended because of the economy and now and i am struggling to get to work everyday to make sure my 11 year old daughter is taken care of have you found the problem my whole life is been a roller coaster because of these headaches...Steve

mebbmw 11-16-2009 09:58 PM

Just wondering if anyone has been tested for lyme disease? I have had the same symptoms for 15 months now and have not seen an ENT, but have had 2 MRIs that show lesions in the brain. Radiologist read my first MRI as MS, but needed to show more lesions over time to diagnose MS. The second MRI was done 6 months later with no new lesions, so back to square one. I have 3 neurologists who are still working on ruling out MS (by way of yet another MRI?). I have severe damage to the nerves in my right eye (which had gone almost completely black for a few days). I see bright flashes like a strobe light or camera flash multiple times a day. I met someone over the weekend who told me to research chronic lyme disease(the canadian site was very informative). What I found was very interesting and definitely pertained to me but looks very difficult to diagnose. I have had no concussions in my life that I am aware of. It sucks to see more people having the same problems as me for a much longer time period than me. Thankfully my work has been very considerate and has had much patience with my absences. I don't know how much longer they will tolerate my absences as my doctors were certain at one point it was MS and now I am back where I started. I see my primary doctor next week and plan to ask him for further lyme disease testing, as I was tested earlier by blood test that came back negative (which is more likely to have a negative blood test the longer you have it). Just curious if any of you have been down this road already? I am willing to try anything at this point.

Rochelle18 11-17-2009 01:41 PM

Hi jenny, I'm so sorry to hear about ur on going problems but also happy to know i'm not alone!!!! It really is so dibilitating!!! Yes our symptoms are similar as the bulk of my pressure is over the bridge of my nose and at the back of my nose / throat. Although i don't notice any difference if i bend over, chew or talk etc.... It doesn't necesseraly get worse but never gets better, just a constant dull pressure that just comes in waves. Occasionally wen it's really bad if i pop my ears it brings a couple of seconds of relife but after seeing 5 ents they've now ended that route as they say it isn't related. The worst part for me is the distorted vision i just cant focus on anything. I have had my eye's tested but other than needing reading glasses there's nothing wrong, but i can't wear my glasses coz it just magnifies the feeling. I really am at the end of my tether with this. I have a 7 month old baby which is hard enough to cope with but with this on top and to top it all off after my 5 and a half year relationship and being engaged it has come to an end because my partner just could not cope with me anymore because it really has changed me, most ailments come to an end but this just doesn;t seem to. So this thing has taken so much away from me that would never have happend had these head aches never started!!! I will look into tmj, just registered with a new doctor so have to wait for comformation then will try going down that road as i really don't want to go into another new year with this as I'm finding it almost impossible to cope. please let me know if u hear of any other types of treatment etc... I'll give anything a go. good luck xox