It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Why am I having so many Migraines?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
    megss
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

megss HB User
    Why am I having so many Migraines?

Hi everyone. I NEVER used to get headaches until about a year ago. I started having tension headaches, and they quickly became full on migraines. I have been through a lot this last year (health issues and financial issues), so I am wondering if stress could be the cause. My little sister also has horrible migraines all the time, so I guess it runs in my family, kind of. I have tried preventative medications but they don't work. My problem is that I get them CONSTANTLY. Probably at least 60% of days I start to have a migraine. They are always on just one side of my head, but it happens on both sides so I am not concerned about a tumor or anything. I also vomit from them. I take Zomig for them and that usually works, but I have also needed to go to the ER or Urgent Care a few times. Toradol shots don't work either.
    So why is this happening to me? I struggle with this so much and I want it to stop. I finally just started working again (after being off for almost a year due to a different health problem), and I worry about being able to function every day because the migraines happen so often. Does anyone have any advice? I am 28 and do not want to deal with this for the rest of my life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2009, 11:21 PM   #2
    care_berry
    (female)

care_berry HB User
    Re: Why am I having so many Migraines?

Here's a few tips I thought of to write you about!
    Migraines can be caused by food allergies or sensitivities. There's testing that can be done for this, although it is not always accurate. Doing your own elimination diet may help. Start by making a food diary and noticing your symptoms before and after eating certain foods. Go off the suspected foods for several weeks and then slowly introduce the foods back in one at a time, using very small amounts. A more commonly recognized allergy now is gluten. Consider reading about these things! A great book about this is called "Don't Drink Your Milk." It's really informative.

Also, another thing that has been linked with migraines are artificial sweeteners, particularly aspartame. It can be found in thousands of food products. Do you drink diet soda or chew sugarless gum? Be very careful what you eat.

Hypnosis can work wonders for headaches.

Seeing a naturapathic doctor may help as they may be able to find the cause of the migraines you are experiencing.

Nutritional deficiencies are linked with headaches/migraines. This is particularly true with the B vitamins.

EFT, also known as Emotional Freedom Techniques has had some success in people with migraines.

That's just a start of a few things I came up with off the top of my head. Good luck and hopefully this can be helpful for you!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #3
    cull066
    (male)

cull066 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by megss View Post
    Hi everyone. I NEVER used to get headaches until about a year ago. I started having tension headaches, and they quickly became full on migraines. I have been through a lot this last year (health issues and financial issues), so I am wondering if stress could be the cause. My little sister also has horrible migraines all the time, so I guess it runs in my family, kind of. I have tried preventative medications but they don't work. My problem is that I get them CONSTANTLY. Probably at least 60% of days I start to have a migraine. They are always on just one side of my head, but it happens on both sides so I am not concerned about a tumor or anything. I also vomit from them. I take Zomig for them and that usually works, but I have also needed to go to the ER or Urgent Care a few times. Toradol shots don't work either.
    So why is this happening to me? I struggle with this so much and I want it to stop. I finally just started working again (after being off for almost a year due to a different health problem), and I worry about being able to function every day because the migraines happen so often. Does anyone have any advice? I am 28 and do not want to deal with this for the rest of my life.
    I had something siminlar , I tried BIO-force Bilberry (A.Vogel). it worked and cleared up my head-aches which I think were related to blocked sinus. Try the BIO worked form me

Cullo

Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #4
    megss
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

megss HB User

Thank you so much for your replies! I am willing to try ANYTHING!
    Care_Berry- it is actually funny that you brought up gluten because I do have an intolerance to it. It is not an allergy, I have Celiacs disease. I have several digestive issues.
    I am having my gallbladder out in a couple of weeks and today the thought crossed my mind that maybe that would help? I have gallstones and get gallbladder attacks frequently, and the gallbladder is part of the digestion process. SO maybe if foods and digestive things can cause migraines, could it be possible that having my gallbladder out finally could help? That is a long stretch I know! But it never hurts to hope!

Old 11-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
    care_berry
    (female)

care_berry HB User

Oh yes megss, everything is interconnected! They say the stomach is like the second brain. Anyways, I just wanted to say too I typed you a private message.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
    jessicalynn13
    (female)

jessicalynn13 HB User

Just in case you still have your headaches after your gallbladder is out. Have you ever tried Tomapax for your headaches? I'm on 200mg a day for mine and it seems to be working. Just an idea.

Closed Thread