HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Headaches & Migraines (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/)
-   -   Constant headache-unsure of cause (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/732279-constant-headache-unsure-cause.html)

nhdad 01-22-2010 08:12 AM

Constant headache-unsure of cause

As far back as maybe a year or longer I would have headaches on what seemed like every Monday and Friday. Primarily the pain runs across my forehead and the amount of pain varied by episode. Over the past 6 months these headaches coincided with a feeling of hunger in my stomach, even if I had just eaten a full meal. The two pains ‘feel’ connected in my body. By mid-December the head pain had developed into neck and shoulder tension that I could no longer simply ignore. My first visit to my primary care physician was December 10 with a follow up in 1 month. I was prescribed Skelaxin for the tension and naproxen for the headaches. The muscle relaxer took away the tension in about 3 days but the Naproxen showed limited results. I began tracking my headaches and they averaged 3 times a week. I also noted several bouts of anxiety-something I had not dealt with before-but when you are constantly afraid to ‘feel’ if you have a headache every time you wake up in the middle of the night or morning my thought was that was bound to happen.
On my return visit last week I was prescribed Xanax and Fioricet. The direction was to take Xanax if I felt anxiety to see if the headaches were anxiety related. I have not felt anxious over the last week-I did take the Xanax on 3 occasions and I did not feel any relief. The fioricet has been hit or miss, sometimes it clocks out most of the pain, other times only a little. I continue to wake up with a headache each day-the same way I went to sleep. I have a return visit to the doctor on Wednesday and a visit scheduled with a Neurologist in mid-February. I’ve begun thinking the pain is going to be here for the duration, it is just always there even when it is not throbbing. And I have a hard time describing the ‘hunger’ feeling but there must be a connection to the headaches.

jennifer47w 01-30-2010 08:32 PM

Re: Constant headache-unsure of cause

Are you on any other drug, suppliments other than the 2 you said?
I was sick for over 18 months with severe headaches and it was
a medicine I was on. oh and any benzo, xanax...will kill you.
Messes with your central nervous system. If you are on any other
drugs, I would get off them.

nhdad 02-01-2010 11:45 AM

No other medications. I only took the Xanax 3 times, I felt no relief so it is out.

Last week was one of my better weeks although yesterday I had a terrible headache concentrated above my left eye. That was unusual since normally it has been spread evenly across my forehead. The Fioricet took a couple of hours to work and today has been decent. I had blood work done on Saturday so hopefully those results come back this week. Maybe it will tell me something.

yvon 02-15-2010 05:32 PM

Have your blood tested for growth hormones which excessive production is caused by
an adenome, a benign tumor resulting in acromegaly.