It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Constant headache-unsure of cause

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
    nhdad
    (male)

nhdad HB User
    Constant headache-unsure of cause

As far back as maybe a year or longer I would have headaches on what seemed like every Monday and Friday. Primarily the pain runs across my forehead and the amount of pain varied by episode. Over the past 6 months these headaches coincided with a feeling of hunger in my stomach, even if I had just eaten a full meal. The two pains ‘feel’ connected in my body. By mid-December the head pain had developed into neck and shoulder tension that I could no longer simply ignore. My first visit to my primary care physician was December 10 with a follow up in 1 month. I was prescribed Skelaxin for the tension and naproxen for the headaches. The muscle relaxer took away the tension in about 3 days but the Naproxen showed limited results. I began tracking my headaches and they averaged 3 times a week. I also noted several bouts of anxiety-something I had not dealt with before-but when you are constantly afraid to ‘feel’ if you have a headache every time you wake up in the middle of the night or morning my thought was that was bound to happen.
    On my return visit last week I was prescribed Xanax and Fioricet. The direction was to take Xanax if I felt anxiety to see if the headaches were anxiety related. I have not felt anxious over the last week-I did take the Xanax on 3 occasions and I did not feel any relief. The fioricet has been hit or miss, sometimes it clocks out most of the pain, other times only a little. I continue to wake up with a headache each day-the same way I went to sleep. I have a return visit to the doctor on Wednesday and a visit scheduled with a Neurologist in mid-February. I’ve begun thinking the pain is going to be here for the duration, it is just always there even when it is not throbbing. And I have a hard time describing the ‘hunger’ feeling but there must be a connection to the headaches.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
    jennifer47w
    (female)

jennifer47w HB User
    Re: Constant headache-unsure of cause

Are you on any other drug, suppliments other than the 2 you said?
    I was sick for over 18 months with severe headaches and it was
    a medicine I was on. oh and any benzo, xanax...will kill you.
    Messes with your central nervous system. If you are on any other
    drugs, I would get off them.

Old 02-01-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
    nhdad
    (male)

nhdad HB User

No other medications. I only took the Xanax 3 times, I felt no relief so it is out.

Last week was one of my better weeks although yesterday I had a terrible headache concentrated above my left eye. That was unusual since normally it has been spread evenly across my forehead. The Fioricet took a couple of hours to work and today has been decent. I had blood work done on Saturday so hopefully those results come back this week. Maybe it will tell me something.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #4
    yvon
    (male)

yvon HB User

Have your blood tested for growth hormones which excessive production is caused by
    an adenome, a benign tumor resulting in acromegaly.

Closed Thread