It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Recent Concussion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
    wieckse
    (male)

wieckse HB User
    Recent Concussion

I hit my head on the ice in a hockey game 8 days ago. My doctor said I have a concussion and gave me prescriptions for pain and for a muscle relaxer. I didn't have a CT scan done because the doctor didn't think there was any bleeding, but said that I should come back in, if the headache got worse.

I never lost consciousness, but I felt lightheaded and nauseous, the night of the game. Eight days later I still have a headache (feels like a head cold, but without having a cold). I'm sure the recovery time varies from one incident to the next, but does anyone have experience with this that may give me some idea as to whether this is normal and how long it may continue?

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Weird symptoms after concussion Liz419 Brain & Nervous System Disorders 7 04-07-2010 08:39 AM
    ER said probably post concussion syndrome-help me out? marshrose Brain & Nervous System Disorders 7 02-28-2010 10:10 AM
    Concussion & After Effects happily_saved Burns & Injuries 4 03-21-2009 05:38 PM
    What are the long-term effects of concussion snyder18 Mental Health 3 03-18-2009 07:04 PM
    Do I Have Concussion?? ReginaPhalange General Health 1 11-03-2008 06:42 PM
    how to tell you have a concussion coastraider General Health 2 06-10-2008 05:04 AM
    Snowboarding Accident - Concussion? idotsuk General Health 2 02-28-2007 07:12 AM
    Did I sustain a concussion? seanghatch Open to All Other Health Topics 2 02-13-2007 05:53 PM
    Scared about recent Closed Head Injury Rachelr81 Brain & Head Injury 4 02-12-2007 12:34 AM

Tags
    concussion, concussions