It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Frequent Headaches

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #1
    Artist43
    (female)

Artist43 HB User
    Frequent Headaches

My wife has been suffering from what she thought was migraine headaches for 29 years, since she was 11.
    Instead of telling the story, I'll just list the facts.

Female
    Born 03/07/1970
    5'6"
    102 lbs.
    Blood pressure 80/60
    2 children, 11 and 13 yrs old.
    Takes an antidepressant
    Takes sleeping pill
    Hypersensitive to sound and light
    Hysterectomy 3 years ago (female problems)
    Takes bioidentical hormones
    Adopted as an infant, her adopted parents are her parents. She does not have a relationship with her birth mother or birth family, but did find them.
    Birth mother has headaches
    Birth grandmother had headaches
    98% of the time she wakes up with the headache
    Headache is on the right side and she presses her thumb in her upper right eye orbit next to her nose
    At least one headache a week, sometimes more.

We have started going to a neurologist a few months ago and he finally ordered a spinal tap. I don't know the technical words, but this is what I understood him to say: "Instead of her spinal fluid pressure being between 12 and 18, it's 5. Very low." He feels that she has not been having migraines all these years but suffers from low pressure headaches.

He put her on neuronton to improve her spinal pressure condition. After a increasing the dose a few times, he put her on a medicine to increase her blood pressure. He has increased that dosage too. Her b/p is still low.

She continues to have headaches.

We have been to a endocrinologist who never conclusively found anything wrong

We will continue with our neurologists plan, but I wanted to share this to see if anyone else can help.

Last edited by Artist43; 04-18-2010 at 09:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #2
    Artist43
    (female)

Artist43 HB User
    Re: Frequent Headaches

sorry about the double post, I'm new.......

Closed Thread