It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Constant, undiagnosed headache for past 7 years

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2010, 01:24 PM   #1
    cedarl
    (female)

cedarl HB User
    Constant, undiagnosed headache for past 7 years

I have a headache for the past seven years. It started as TMJ when I was thirteen. The doctor put me on a all-liquid diet for a week and it went away, only to return several months later. The TMJ was no longer an issue. Since then, it has increased in severity (a 8 on the pain scale when I first started having these headaches is now about a 3 since my pain tolerance has shot through the roof in the past seven years). Some times I will get severe, debilitating headaches that last for hours or days. Other times, the pain increases but is not as debilitating. Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, and Aspirin stopped working after I was 14 or so. Any type of opiate makes the pain substantially worse. I have had multiple CT scans, MRIs, EEGs, EKGs, spinal taps, blood tests, treadmill tests, urine tests, X-Rays, and neurological testing, all of which have come back normal. I've tried all sorts of different diets, drinking more water, drinking more water and more salt, exercise, meditation, talk therapy, changing my sleep habits in different ways, getting more sunlight, reducing stress, and probably a dozen other non-medicinal ways of improving them, all with no luck. I've been to the ER 7 times for the headaches ("worst ever" headache... each time it was worse) and have just stopped going because there doesn't seem to be any point. I always leave with worse pain than I went in with. I saw a neurologist for several years who kept giving me different types of migraine medicines, none of which made any difference.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on what could be causing this headache?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
    magic wand
    (male)

magic wand HB User
    Re: Constant, undiagnosed headache for past 7 years

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cedarl View Post
    I have a headache for the past seven years. It started as TMJ when I was thirteen. The doctor put me on a all-liquid diet for a week and it went away, only to return several months later. The TMJ was no longer an issue. Since then, it has increased in severity (a 8 on the pain scale when I first started having these headaches is now about a 3 since my pain tolerance has shot through the roof in the past seven years). Some times I will get severe, debilitating headaches that last for hours or days. Other times, the pain increases but is not as debilitating. Ibuprofen, Acetaminophen, and Aspirin stopped working after I was 14 or so. Any type of opiate makes the pain substantially worse. I have had multiple CT scans, MRIs, EEGs, EKGs, spinal taps, blood tests, treadmill tests, urine tests, X-Rays, and neurological testing, all of which have come back normal. I've tried all sorts of different diets, drinking more water, drinking more water and more salt, exercise, meditation, talk therapy, changing my sleep habits in different ways, getting more sunlight, reducing stress, and probably a dozen other non-medicinal ways of improving them, all with no luck. I've been to the ER 7 times for the headaches ("worst ever" headache... each time it was worse) and have just stopped going because there doesn't seem to be any point. I always leave with worse pain than I went in with. I saw a neurologist for several years who kept giving me different types of migraine medicines, none of which made any difference.

Does anyone have ANY ideas on what could be causing this headache?
    hi were do you live....we have a product that is giving relief to headache sufferers....

not saying it will with you...but you never know...we live in UK but it is available

wordwide...

Old 06-17-2010, 10:17 AM   #3
    luvmy2girls
    (female)

luvmy2girls HB User

I can't offer any advice, however I do want to tell that I have almost the SAME story. I started getting debilitating headaches started when I 14. I have had a constant headache for more than 10 years. The severity of it varies from day to day. Some days it actually feels better to bang my head against a wall and MOST always HEAT helps to calm them back to tolerable headaches with massive amounts of over the counter pain relievers like ibuprofen, naproxin sodium, Tylenol and so on.....

I'm sorry to hear that u are having to go through this! I hope we find relief soon!

Old 06-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #4
    JEWLS123
    (female)

JEWLS123 HB User

I myself have had headaches (or what they choose to call them) for 4 years my headaches were gone for 9 months untill Sunday. My headaches are not booming headaches it gives me more a fuuny feeling in the left side of my head, face, neck and shoulders. I have been to numerous dr's ent, primary care, neurologist , gyno and everyone says that it is migraines i feel like i am out of it when i get this way and i am so tired I have also had bloodwork, ct scan, mri and all comes up negative. The feeling adventually goes away sometimes it lasts a week or more I just tried last night taking a firocet and it seemed to help but i still feel funny when i ask the dr's if this is normal they all tell me yes. I am so aggravated sue to the fact that it was gone for 9mos and now it is back I feel at times i am at my wits end and just want it to go away! This feeling also gives me anxiety so i dont know if it is a headache or anxitety or both! I have been to the ER and reg doctor so many times that they probably think i am nuts! I hope you feel better soon it is not easy feeling like this !!!

Closed Thread