It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Head ache in my left side

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
    Bibin
    (male)

Bibin HB User
    Head ache in my left side

I have one side head ache for the past 3 days. What might be the reason. I dont have any other problem. Can any one suggest me...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
    66Brian
    (male)

66Brian HB User
    Re: Head ache in my left side

Headaches are usually a symptom of something else, other times they have no explanation.. but can be treated in one way or another.. Migraines generally start and stay on one side of the head, they can last 1-16 days, they can be over powering, or nagging seemingly minor, but still painful and last forever it seems... Not all migraines are alike, I believe there are five different versions of migraines, excluding the pain free ones.., just because you don't get flashing lights and throw up and have major excruciating pain, doesn't mean it isn't a migraine. They can stop you from every day operations.. if you have a headache that lasts for more than 3-4 days, you visit your doctor, especially if any over the counter meds don't work.. there are newer migraine drugs out that will abort the headache w/in 20 minutes.. to an hour.. and they work 90% of the time, meaning the pain will be gone or substantially reduced, and will subside within a few hours.. A doctor has a better chance at determining what you have and how to treat it.. Sometimes some meds will aggravate the headache if the wrong med is taken for what is happening.. If your pain(s) are chronic you might wish to see a neurologist, other wise a GP (general practitioner) can treat u, if they are extremely infrequent and prescription of lortab, they will suppress the headache, you will feel a bit out of it, but the pain will be gone at least. Opiate pain relievers are not recommended on chronic headache sufferers and sometimes it just depends on the person, what works for one person, doesn't always work for another or even the majority.. But Headaches are not something to be ignored.. Headaches have been ignored for too long as it is, but not so much anymore.. good doctors will treat them as any illness should be treated.. as in given attention, treated and not let you suffer.
    If it is on the top of the head, or above the temple but not on the temple, and you don't feel you are wearing a hat that is too small for your head, you could have a migraine..

Closed Thread