It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Constant Headache/Doxycycline induced?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-25-2011, 06:28 AM   #1
    kelsifyer
    Inactive
    (male)

kelsifyer HB User
    Constant Headache/Doxycycline induced?

Hello,

I've had constant pressure in my head for 6 months after ingesting a weeks worth of doxycycline. I've read it can rarely induce intracranial hypertension. I'm 23 and very healthy and fit.

CT scan and MRI showed inflammation of sinuses. Can inflammed sinus cavities cause a constant 24/7 headache for 6 months straight? Or is it safe to assume I have had a adverse reaction to the drug? Has anyone else taken it?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
    MeeSHDen
    (female)

MeeSHDen HB User
    Re: Constant Headache/Doxycycline induced?

I am going through the same exact situation. I took Doxy for a few months and I didn't feel normal but I did not correlate my symptoms to the doxy. I stopped taking the meds and felt better a month later. I ended up taking the pills again for about a week and ever since my head always hurts. I am scheduled for testing tomorrow. What happened to you if you don't mind sharing?

Old 09-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
    kelsifyer
    Inactive
    (male)

kelsifyer HB User

I am still struggling everyday constantly trying to figure out what is going on. I took doxy again to see if it had a further effect. Didn't notice much difference. Where exactly does it hurt in your head? I've had sinus surgery, wisdom teeth removed, the list goes on an on. What tests are you going for?

Old 09-07-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
    MeeSHDen
    (female)

MeeSHDen HB User

My headaches are usually in the top back right side of my head. I'm going for an MRI tomorrow I'm praying for the best. Where are your headaches and do you have any other symptoms? I'm about your age (22) and also live a healthy active lifestyle so this is wearing me out!

Old 09-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
    kelsifyer
    Inactive
    (male)

kelsifyer HB User

I don't really have a headache per say, it is a constant dull pressure that feels mostly in the back of my head, and extends into my neck. Sometimes I feel it in my temples an cheeks. I have had it for just over 12 months now. I work out everyday as it is one of the only things that keeps me going. I don't have any other real symptoms which is so weird. I'm sure your MRI will be fine, mine was.

Last edited by moderator2; 09-07-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #6
    MeeSHDen
    (female)

MeeSHDen HB User

When you did your MRI was it just of your head or was it your spine as well? And did you ever do an EEG?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
    kelsifyer
    Inactive
    (male)

kelsifyer HB User

Just of my head, I haven't had an EEG but that does seem worthwhile. I'm seeing a chief neuro on Monday I will let you know how that goes. Please let me know how your testing goes?

Old 09-07-2011, 01:20 PM   #8
    MeeSHDen
    (female)

MeeSHDen HB User

I will deff keep in touch with you and let you know how it goes. Thanks for all your replies and time!

Old 10-16-2011, 09:39 PM   #9
    kelsifyer
    Inactive
    (male)

kelsifyer HB User

Hey how have u been? Any positive updates? I'm doing a but better by taking flexeril and workin on my posture but not there yet...

Old 10-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #10
    MeeSHDen
    (female)

MeeSHDen HB User

I have been doing better thank God. My headaches/head tension have really diminished. Till this day I don't know what caused all this, after doing research I'm still convinced they are side effects from the Doxy. I just keep praying and hopefully time heals. How have you been feeling? Any new news?

Old 12-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #11
    brittcaldwell
    (female)

brittcaldwell HB User

I'm not sure if you still check your feed on this post, but i was wondering how you are?

Last edited by Mo-S4; 02-19-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Of topic portion removed. Please start a new thread for your own questions. Thanks.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #12
    kelsifyer
    Inactive
    (male)

kelsifyer HB User

Hi, I still have this slight pressure in my head but it has subsided some since it first started. I've learned to live with it. I think it could've been just awful tension in my neck but its still not gone so I duno yet.

Last edited by Mo-S4; 02-19-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Response to deleted text.

Closed Thread