It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Morning headaches...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
    annarazor
    (female)

annarazor HB User
    Morning headaches...

For a few months now every time i wake up in the morning i have this horrible headache right in the front of my head..It could be a head cold or sinuses but i don't know because its lasted so long. The headaches make me feel a little sick to my stomach but i never get sick. I'm not prone to migraines but i suppose there is nothing to stop me from starting to get them.. Sometimes the headaches do not go away either. Sometimes i don't feel right. I've noticed i've become very forgetful, no concentration, dyslexic a bit.. spelling sucks now..

I am 36 years old. I suffer from depression and currently have been taking Welbutrin, Pristiq and Lamictal for quite a while so i know its not side affects.
    I do have this unexplained bump on the top of my head that wasn't always there and has gotten bigger, does not hurt whatsoever ( kinda swishy when i touch it) and i need to get checked out when i get some insurance.

I don't know whats the cause of the headaches or all the other things that seem wrong with me..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
    iluv
    (female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User
    Re: Morning headaches...

Sorry about no insurance seems to be a virus these days in this economy. I have been a migraine sufferer for 32 years. I am going to suggest to you from the deepest part of my heart, and I know it sucks, but please go to the ER. They should give you a CT scan. Please be safe than sorry. If your CT comes out clear at least you've ruled out any major items. On the insurance tip, most of the major companies are offering these very cheap plans that do help cover some stuff. Mine costs $38.00 a month, it pays $50 toward a doctor visit. As far as scripts go they have deals with pharmacies. I use walgreens, so what used to be $1000.00 a month for meds are now less than $50.00 a month. So really go to an ER. I know here I have a Catholic Hospital that if your unable to pay for the ER visit they have a charity program.

Hope this helps, please keep posting about your condition

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
    annarazor
    (female)

annarazor HB User

thanks for a response.. but what do you think may be the cause of it.. or what might be going on?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #4
    iluv
    (female)

iluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB Useriluv HB User

It could just be stress, or medication. the problem I see is the not knowing. Thats why I said go to the ER. Almost anytime you complain about a constant headache they will run a CT just to rule out stroke,anruysms and so many other things. The other thing about a CT is if something does show they will run an MRI, just to cover thier back to ensure that nothing happens to you when you leave. That was one of the reasons I bought that cheap insurance just so I could go and see a neurologist and get medications. That is sorta up in the air. Thats why I highly recommend it. Please keep us posted.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
    Landhew
    (female)

Landhew HB User

Go get a CT scan if nothing else! I am not here trying to scare you, but the number 1 sign of a brain tumor is morning headaches with nausea. It could be a thousand other things, but please go get it checked out!

Old 10-28-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
    tUrRrRa
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Although a little different than you, I had regularly felt my worst in the mornings and definitely would get morning headaches and I tend to usually feel nauseous with my headaches. Turns out that my sleeping on my stomach was making it worse! It was something as small as changing my sleep position that has helped me some. My sinus pressure has also improved greatly, which is another big plus, since constant sinus pressure always gave me a lot of vertigo. I also started using a more supportive pillow. It wasn't comfortable at first, but I got used to it over time and now it seems to help me not get morning headaches.

Even with insurance, MRI's were still very expensive for me. It would have been $3,000 without insurance for a brain scan. If you are going to get a scan done, definitely talk to different imaging centers about your situation and see if they can help. Some places might be able to charge less since you don't have insurance (and insurance companies usually negotiate the price down anyway) or even a payment plan. Some places are willing to help out!

Do you get allergies? Pressure in the head/face along with headaches can also be a sign of dust allergies. Mattresses often have a lot of dust in them, especially if not a new mattress. If this is the case, mornings are usually when you feel the worst after sleeping on the bed all night. Some allergies have the typical sneezing and itching, but others might feel more headaches that can vary from a simple, mild headache to something more severe.

Closed Thread