HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Headaches & Migraines (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/)
-   -   Occipital Neuralgia (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/headaches-migraines/899376-occipital-neuralgia.html)

belaboo2005 01-11-2013 09:11 PM

Re: Occipital Neuralgia

i am in aus n really want to c dr ducic.. but i cant afford it, how did u pay for it. i will start saving n travel over there if needed. mine is getting worse n waiting onm local anaesthetic injections to c if its a facet joint problem

graphicsman1 01-12-2013 10:16 PM

Belaboo, I have not yet had the surgery. I am considering 3 doctors: Dr.Jho in Pittsburgh; Dr.Perry in Houston, and Dr.Ducic in Washington, DC. Just curious why are you most interested in Dr.Ducic? Do you also participate in the Occipital Neuralgia support group on the MD Junction website also? I am praying for you.

Kenny

belaboo2005 01-12-2013 11:11 PM

i have friends online that have seen ducic or r going to c him, ive watchd his videos n his lectures, hes amazing from what i have heard. thanx for ur preyers, i wish all the best for u also :-)

IndyGirl1 01-14-2013 07:28 AM

Hi There Kenny,

I would say it took about 3 to 4 days to notice any real difference in my pain, but when it did it really did. I felt a million times better. I hope you have had a chance to try it by now. Sorry for my delayed response. I was out of town for work at the CES show in Vegas. So happy to be back home now. :) Yes, I had very severe headaches.. I lived off of advil. I started off just rubbing it in all over the back of my neck. I can't really put any on the lower back of my head because of my hair. ;)

Can I ask what surgery you are considering for your headaches? Let me know how you are feeling.

Misty

graphicsman1 01-14-2013 10:41 PM

Misty, sorry you had such severe headaches in Vegas. Have you considered surgery? I am leaning towards Dr.Jho in Pittsburgh. Have you heard of him? If so, I would be curious to get your opinion. The meds like Advil do not help me. I did get some benefit tonight from a medication called Zomig Nasal Spray I got from my neurologist. It took about an hour to fully kick-in..first came the drowsiness then woke from nap with much LESS headache.

Praying for you.
Kenny

belaboo2005 01-16-2013 02:32 AM

wow may have to try that spray, i have heard or imagran aswell as a spray, something like that

Lilygirl254 07-18-2013 10:55 AM

I'm not sure if it's occipital neuralgia.

Lilygirl254 07-18-2013 10:57 AM

I'm not sure if it's occipital neuralgia. Symptoms are: squeezing pressure in temples, pressure under my eyes and on the bridge of my nose, pressure on the sides of my face, tingling (not all the time). The worst pressure is at the top center of my head and at the crown. I'm able to sleep at night, but when I wake up the symptoms are back. On occasion it has interrupted my sleep. Sometimes it feels like my head is in a vice. I get breaks but only for a couple hours. Does this sound like occipital neuralgia? I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.