It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Migraines & Sinuses

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
    Bobbilynn
    (female)

Bobbilynn HB User
    Unhappy Migraines & Sinuses

I have had migraines most of my life (from about age 12--I'm 43 now) and have gone through multiple types of treatments (I cannot take triptans). Some work, some don't. Right now the treatment that is working is Verapamil for preventative, then ketorolac for pain management, along with Vicodin on ocassion.
    However, I also have severe pain in my right eye--on my brow bone and it extends straight down to my right cheek. I get sudden sharp/stabbing pain in the eye socket, then it feels as if it's bruised. Not much helps with this type of pain. I have seen different postings about ethmoid sinuses, but none of my doctors have brought up this option. I am completely unfamiliar with the ethmoid sinus area, but all too familiar with sinus infections in general.
    Does anyone else have both migraine and sinus pressure pain in the eye area? What has worked? What tests have you had?
    I am seeing another neurologist next month and want to have as much info as I can to work with.
    Thanks for any info

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 03:17 AM   #2
    jerry486
    Inactive
    (male)

jerry486 HB User
    Re: Migraines & Sinuses

Assessing the symptoms of sphenoid sinusitis will help in the diagnosis and its treatment. Sphenoid sinusitis also lacks the classical signs of other sinus infections like runny nose or nasal blockage, which makes diagnosis tough. Judging the symptoms correctly becomes especially important since treating severe cases of sphenoid sinus infection can lead to some serious problems if left untreated.

Most common symptoms of sphenoid sinus infections are:

-Mild and constant headache, location of which can vary anywhere in the head. The headache can be felt from anywhere from forehead to top of head. The headache can often be very vague in judging its location.
    -Pain, which can be felt behind the eyes, is also a common sign of sphenoid sinus infection.
    -Chronic cough
    -Symptoms seem to get worse while sitting or lying down, and while walking too. In general they get worse by changing posture.
    -Sphenoid sinusitis usually does not cause fever.
    -In some rare cases, numbness in the face is also present.
    -Blurred vision can also occur in relatively severe cases.

Hope this information made you understand sphenoid sinusitis better. There is a very thin line between migraines and sinusitis headache...

Closed Thread

Tags
    migraine headache, sinus issues