It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Headaches & Migraines Message Board

• Should I be worried about my head?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-15-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
    soli30945
    (female)

soli30945 HB User
    Thumbs down Should I be worried about my head?

In late 2012, I suffered a major blow to the head which was later diagnosed as a concussion. My symptoms never really cleared up 100%. This fall, I was hit in the head very hard by volleyball serves (because I played it). Those headaches would only last a couple of minutes till I felt somewhat normal again. But every time I work out, I get this awful headache. Today I did a pretty advanced workout in gym class and my head was pounding and it felt like blood/liquid was pouring out of my ears, as well as my nose and eyes. I've been taking pills to calm the pain but it is so sharp and significant that I don't ever like or want to ever feel this way again. Please let me know if my symptoms relate to any issues. Thank you. Every little bit helps.

I've been taking lots of Tylonel and Excedrin and it seems to relieve the pain for a little while, then the sharpness returns.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2014, 10:59 AM   #2
    lottiemae12
    (female)

lottiemae12 HB User
    Re: Should I be worried about my head?

Hello!

We'll go with good news first, from what I've learned in my time as a migraineur. If tylenol and other NSAIDs still work, that's good news. A lot of migraine conditions past a certain point (like mine) no longer respond to those kinds of medications, which is more dangerous and more expensive. I would be careful though to alternate between ibuprofen and acetaminophen to protect your liver and other organs where the meds are digested so as not to cause more problems.

To address the symptoms you're experiencing, you really should speak to your primary care physician and get a thorough examination. It can be really scary, and if you're having headaches due to head trauma, you definitely need to be seen. I am not a doctor by any means, and can't really give advice outside of my experiences, but I know that getting professional advice is really important.

Can you explain what a typical headache usually feels like? how do you feel before it sets in? where is the majority of the pain located? there is such a thing as exercise induced migraines, which has to do with blood pressure and the like.

As I said before, I am not qualified to diagnose, and you really should see a doctor about this. Also, maybe take a break from strenuous exercise for now until you know what's going on.

Best Wishes,
    Charlotte

Old 11-29-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
    pained4466
    (female)

pained4466 HB User

As with any head injury, I would see a doc very soon. I suffer from intense migraines, due to untreated whiplash when I was in a car accident, at 4 years old. My migraines started when I was 19. It just can't hurt to be seen.....I, personally, am very cautious with any kind of head injury. It may be "nothing" but you will worry less. Just a thought from me. Hugs.

Old 01-17-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
    Nicolette858
    (female)

Nicolette858 HB User

I had a spinal fluid leak and my headaches were worsened dramatically by working out, bending over, even coughing or laughing. Mayo Clinic diagnosed me as this can be a difficult thing to find for doctors. I'm not saying you have that but it could be worth looking into. Trust me if you have it, you know. It is intense pain. Good luck

Reply Reply

Tags
    brain, concussion, headache, pain, trauma