It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance - SSDI Issues Message Board

• Seeking Copay Assistance

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-08-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
    janafred
    (female)

janafred HB User
    Seeking Copay Assistance

My husband was recently diagnosed February 2018 with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor with liver mets after EUS biopsy confirmation. We had previously been recklessly been told he only had a short time to live. We were desperate to get a firm diagnosis then once we did we worked quickly to start treatment. His treatment is Lanreotide injections every 28 days. So far our copays have been manageable until we received a bill for his first injection. The injection cost $25000 and our portion is $3580. There is no way we can afford this every 28 days for the rest of his life! Does anyone have any advice on where to seek financial copay assistance? At this point we donít even know what to do. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Seeking Copay Assistance

You need to speak to the doctor who is administering the treatment. He or She may know of a co-pay assistance program from the pharmaceutical company..

You should also call your insurance company. They may have a cap on how much out of pocket you are responsible for- this is special circumstances. Your doctor may have to contact your insurance company or write them a letter; but this is not something he or she is new to....talk to the doctor and call the insurance company! They will know what is available.

(I am sorry to hear about your husband.)

Reply Reply