It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance - SSDI Issues Message Board

• workers comp is giving me hell and all I want is to get back to normal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-10-2003, 08:28 AM   #1
    bernard69
    Inactive

bernard69 HB User
    workers comp is giving me hell and all I want is to get back to normal

workerscomp is giving me hell I injure myself at work last year did so pt and went back to work well this april reinjured the same spot but this time is hell
    I have muscle spasms bad real bad I don't know if something is picnched or not been going to their dr.'s but they say it's nothing wrong but my mri says different I got that thru a chiropractor before I got reijured one day my employer told me well I had told her that the dr.'s are saying it's nothing wrong with me so she says I think you need pt so I told her I tried that for 5 months the dr.'s don't even reccomend that any more then I told her I've been looking up all the big words on the mri to see what's wrong with me she says don't go by what the mri says go by what the workers comp dr. says I got the mri before I got hurt she don't want me to say anything about tell me what you think about this been to 3 of their dr.'s they all say it's nothing wrong but if I stop taking these pills I seriously can't function it hurts so bad they gave me a paper from the last dr. that says I'm back to maximum medical improvement and can go back to work with no resrtictions I can't possiblly do my job now I do construction where everything is heavy the workerscomp lady says the dr.'s say I have a lumbar sprain I told if I have a sprain I need time off to heal that when they gave me the letter from the dr. and said if I take any time off I won't be covered by workers comp please help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2003, 09:37 PM   #2
    rubindj

rubindj HB User
    First off, I would not go back to the chiropractor. I'm not saying they are good or bad, but I am saying that they will not be respected by the medical establishment and you are making your fight much harder by seeing them.

Based on the symptoms and problems you are having, I would ask for a referall to a Physiatrist. These are doctor's who specialize in physical medicine and rehabilitation, and are very good at working with issues such as back pain and muscle spasms. They will be able to do the most to help you.

Dan

Old 11-26-2003, 07:41 PM   #3
    californiasunflower
    Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User
    Re: workers comp is giving me hell and all I want is to get back to normal

Bernard, how are you doing?

Do you have a herniated disk? Did you get in touch with physiatrist?
    My friend had a so-called back sprain and it was actually a herniated disk.
    Your are in too much pain for it to be a sprain. It appears that you've had these symptoms too long.

If you get any more flack from the workers' comp people, contact an attorney who handles these type of matters. It doesn't mean you have to sue your company. You'll have some legal advice and a representative that will help you move through this process and even help you save your position if you are in shape to return to your job. Worker comp attorneys take the case on contigent basis and the law sets the amount of money they can get from the award given by the workers' comp insurance. (In other words, you money out of your pocket for the attorney's fees).

The consultation is free. You have nothing to lose by calling.

Last edited by californiasunflower; 11-26-2003 at 07:42 PM.

Old 12-31-2003, 11:51 AM   #4
    boaz

boaz HB User

Bernard,

Put some of those big words on a post on here and I'll try to help you decipher them. DO NOT listen to who it was telling to that what "their " doctors tell you is better than what an MRI read says, the workers comp doctors work for the company and do not have your best interest at heart at all. If it says you have som etype of herniation or whatever then you have big problems that will continue to get worse with you working at such a physically hard job. Physical therapy won't help a disc that is blowed out! You have the right to pick an outside doctor of your choice, at least we do in our state and you should too. Go to a neurosurgeon, they are the best and will tell you what kind of nerve damage you may have or be facing. My husbands done been thru all this, I hope you filed an accident report when the injury happened? If your taken off work for medical reasons they should be paying you TTD payments, it's around 66% of your regular check. They should pay for your mileage to and from any doctors and p.t. So keep records. How long has it been since your injury? You surely cannot be at MMI yet. If your still suffering then your not and don't let them tell you so, if need be check around and get you a good lawyer, make sure they are specially trained to deal with workers comp cases and know what their doing.

Keep me informed I'll help all I can, you still working is only continuing to injure yourself further..
    Take Care...

Old 01-18-2004, 08:00 PM   #5
    Rob61
    (male)

Rob61 HB User

bernard69

Right off the bat i would get an Att that deals with w/c casestheir Dr's are all going to say your fine no mater what yours says they dont want to pay out..

Rob

Old 01-22-2004, 10:37 AM   #6
    californiasunflower
    Senior Veteran

californiasunflower HB User

Hey Bernard! How are you doing? Did you get an attorney to represent your workers' compensation matter?

Remember, the attorney will take the case on contigent basis which means no out of pocket expenses for you whatsoever. At Settlement, the attorney will then take his 25% fee out of the award.

You need representation so don't delay.

Old 01-24-2004, 11:45 PM   #7
    mdla
    Veteran

mdla HB User

you need an attny. I went throught same thing w. their docs saying I was fine, until it was at the point of no return and I paid for surgery, then before I had an atty, their attny's insurance co called me at the hospital while I was still hooked up to morhine and IV!!! for a "statement" thats when I realized this is nuts they want to high on drugs for an offical statement?

Old 02-18-2004, 06:06 PM   #8
    Sandson

Sandson HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bernard69
    workerscomp is giving me hell I injure myself at work last year did so pt and went back to work well this april reinjured the same spot but this time is hell
    I have muscle spasms bad real bad I don't know if something is picnched or not been going to their dr.'s but they say it's nothing wrong but my mri says different I got that thru a chiropractor before I got reijured one day my employer told me well I had told her that the dr.'s are saying it's nothing wrong with me so she says I think you need pt so I told her I tried that for 5 months the dr.'s don't even reccomend that any more then I told her I've been looking up all the big words on the mri to see what's wrong with me she says don't go by what the mri says go by what the workers comp dr. says I got the mri before I got hurt she don't want me to say anything about tell me what you think about this been to 3 of their dr.'s they all say it's nothing wrong but if I stop taking these pills I seriously can't function it hurts so bad they gave me a paper from the last dr. that says I'm back to maximum medical improvement and can go back to work with no resrtictions I can't possiblly do my job now I do construction where everything is heavy the workerscomp lady says the dr.'s say I have a lumbar sprain I told if I have a sprain I need time off to heal that when they gave me the letter from the dr. and said if I take any time off I won't be covered by workers comp please help me
    Bernard:

I understand the hell that you are going through with Workers Comp. I am also going through some WC drama and terrible pain. All , I can tell you to do is get experienced legal representation. By having good legal representation, I had some victories. However, by being injured multiple times on the job, I still have some battles ahead.

Hang in there!

Old 02-23-2004, 03:05 AM   #9
    20carfan

20carfan HB User

Its a horrible system. They break your body then try to break your soul.

Closed Thread