It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance - SSDI Issues Message Board

• Had SSI Hearing today... Judge ordered evaluation for further consideration... help

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
    fljm187
    (male)

fljm187 HB User
    Question Had SSI Hearing today... Judge ordered evaluation for further consideration... help

Psychological evaluation. Is this a sign the judge is considering approving me? Anyone? Hello? Thank you?

Last edited by fljm187; 07-18-2013 at 01:20 PM. Reason: shortened

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
    Whynowthis
    Veteran
    (female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User
    Re: Had SSI Hearing today... Judge ordered evaluation for further consideration... he

What is your disability?? Is it a mental condition? Maybe you don't have enough medical records for them to make a decision? I don't know, you haven't given us much information to go on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Whynowthis For This Useful Post:
    fljm187 (07-19-2013)
    Old 07-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
    fljm187
    (male)

fljm187 HB User
    Re: Had SSI Hearing today... Judge ordered evaluation for further consideration... he

Thanks for your response ;-) i have mental disability only. Bipolar, ocd, major depressive disorder, body dismorphic disorder, extreme anxiety. My attorney said the judge usually does this when he's in the middle/undecided of wanting to give approval. I'm just nervous, i've been trying to get ssi for 4 years now. It feels like it's never going to happen.

Last edited by fljm187; 07-18-2013 at 04:20 PM. Reason: edit

Old 07-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
    dismama
    Veteran
    (female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

Usually this is done when you don't have enough medical records to support a favorable decision.

The Following User Says Thank You to dismama For This Useful Post:
    fljm187 (07-19-2013)
    Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #5
    fljm187
    (male)

fljm187 HB User

thanks dismama... i have extensive records, but they're all mainly from 2 years ago... i havent seen a doctor regularly since then... but if the doctor at the appointment Social Security sets up thinks I qualify for SSI, then the judge will declare a favorable decision correct?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-19-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:17 AM   #6
    Whynowthis
    Veteran
    (female)

Whynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB UserWhynowthis HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fljm187 View Post
    thanks dismama... i have extensive records, but they're all mainly from 2 years ago... i havent seen a doctor regularly since then... but if the doctor at the appointment Social Security sets up thinks I qualify for SSI, then the judge will declare a favorable decision correct?
    If the records are two years old, then that is why he is ordering the evaluation. They like to see current medical records, and since you don't have current ones, the best way to determine where you are at now is to order an evaluation. And I wouldn't say for sure that its the drs opinion that the judge will make his decision on, because it doesn't always work that way, but in your situation it does sound like that is possible. But just don't go into the evaluation thinking you need to "prove" to the doctor you are disabled because some can tell that you are trying to sell them on your condition, and it can backfire. So, just go and be as honest as possible, and things should work out for you. Good luck, and come back to keep us updated!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
    dismama
    Veteran
    (female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

Just try and think of this as a positive thing because the judge didn't flat out deny you.

The Following User Says Thank You to dismama For This Useful Post:
    Whynowthis (07-20-2013)
    Old 07-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
    fljm187
    (male)

fljm187 HB User
    Question Re: Had SSI Hearing today... Judge ordered evaluation for further consideration... he

It's been about a week since my hearing... They said I'll get a letter in the mail telling me when and where my evaluation is. I haven't got anything yet. How long does this usually take for them to set up an appointment?

Old 07-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #9
    fljm187
    (male)

fljm187 HB User

I'll just have to wait and find out myself since I can't find anything out. I've been waiting for 4 years. Tired of not getting anywhere.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: fljm187
    catkaru (07-25-2013),touchmenot (07-25-2013)
    Old 07-27-2013, 03:44 AM   #10
    fljm187
    (male)

fljm187 HB User

Update everybody... I found out my evaluation is in about a week. I got the letter in the mail telling me when my evaluation is. It only took a week to find that out after my hearing. This is the last step in what's been a 4 year struggle. I hope everything works out.

The following user gives a hug of support to fljm187:
    Whynowthis (08-07-2013)
    Old 08-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #11
    Whynowthis
    Veteran
    (female)

Good luck!! Keep us posted!!

Old 08-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #12
    fljm187
    (male)

fljm187 HB User
    Unhappy Re: Had SSI Hearing today... Judge ordered evaluation for further consideration... he

The judge denied me, so ive been denied for the third time, now ive appealed again, its been over a year since my hearing, im just lost at this point

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: fljm187
    catkaru (10-03-2014),Moonstar22 (10-03-2014),touchmenot (08-17-2014)
    Old 10-03-2014, 08:27 AM   #13
    catkaru
    Veteran
    (female)

catkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB Usercatkaru HB User

So sorry to hear you were denied again. I been denied twice and decided to get a lawyer. Don't give up! Just keep going with the flow, that's about all you can do. stay proactive and go to all Dr appointments and have all test done and get copies of everything to give to your lawyer. Keep your lawyer posted on everything.
    Good luck and keep us posted!
    Low anxiety All,

Dx'd with Fibro 2007
    Endometriosis
    Barret's Esophagus
    Gerd
    Osteoarthritis
    Anxiety Disorder since 1986
    IBS
    Diverticulosis
    High Colesterol
    Tachycardia