It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Health Insurance - SSDI Issues Message Board

• ALJ hearing for bipolar yesterday UGH!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #1
    haverty123
    (female)

haverty123 HB User
    ALJ hearing for bipolar yesterday UGH!!

Hey all. I had my alj disability hearing yesterday for bipolar, ptsd, personality disorder, scoliosis, spinal fusion, & spinal stenosis yesterday.
    It lasted right at an hour!! The judge and my lawyer asked me numerous questions. Then the judge asked the vocational expert lots of hypothetical questions. First, she asked if a claimant with my issues could return to any previous lines of work. The VE answered no.
    Then the judge asked the VE if there were any other jobs available in the national economy IF the claimant was not around coworkers, the general public, and was not supervised closely, and also allowed numerous breaks. The VE said with those allowances, there were three jobs available. I could be a garment folder, count stock items, and something else ridiculous.
    Then the judge asked without those allowances, were there any jobs in the national economy that the claimant could perform. The VE said without those allowances, there are no jobs in the national economy for which the claimant is eligible.

So basically, I graduated a year early from high school, graduated magna *** laude from a 4 year university, taught school for 7 years, and started my masters program to be told I am eligible to fold clothes and count cans as long as I am aware from society and nobody supervises me. Hello?!? Where does one obtain a job folding clothes and counting cans in a cave deep in the forest?!?!?!

I am praying that the judge sees that those are not real options, but since the judge I went before only has a 16-17% approval rating, I am quite certain I will soon need to look into becoming a hobbit or some such! UGH!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    alj, bipolar, ssdi hearing