It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthcare Professionals Message Board

Aspiring ultrasound tech - where do I begin?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #1
OliveAdventures HB User
Question Aspiring ultrasound tech - where do I begin?

I hope it's okay for me to post this here - I'm new to the site and struggling to find answers online.

I'm currently a stay-at-home mom but would like to begin working toward becoming a sonographer since, of course, eventually my babies will be in school! I know that it's not possible to complete every step of this type of education online, but I would like to take advantage of the time that I currently do have at home and begin doing SOME of the courses online. However, I have no idea where to start, and any websites that I come across seem to have conflicting information. On some, I read that I need an Associate's degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. When I try to find this degree at an online school and look into applying, I'm told that I need to first have an Associate's degree in a different medical field in order to qualify for this one. I am completely LOST.

If anyone could point me in the right direction so that I can get started, I would greatly appreciate it! I can obviously take my time with this so, like I said, I'm really just trying to figure out how to get started and what courses I can take online that would help me reach my end goal.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb
Reply Reply