It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Healthy Lifestyle Message Board

• Extreme Fussy Eater looking to change her diet!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #1
    BettyLouLou23
    (female)

BettyLouLou23 HB User
    Extreme Fussy Eater looking to change her diet!

Hi, 23 year old Female here, from the UK.

I'm looking to start eating healthier, but i'm not quite sure where to start.
    Be aware, there's a long backstory here!

Ever since i was little, all I've really lived on was chocolate. it sounds like a bad thing, i know. and when i say lived on, i mean, lived on. like, to this day, no fruit, no veg,nothing. whenever i tried anything different, my gag and stomach reflexes would kick in, i'd more than likely throw it all back up and have...well.. a long few hours on the toilet, to put it mildly.
    In case you're all probably thinking " well, didn't your parents even attempt to help you in any way?" Yes. they did. I've seen numerous doctors and dietitians, all their attempts have failed. They tried their hardest, still no luck.

Fast Forward to being in my 20's. I still get my menstrual cycle, and everything else seems to be ok, apart from fat in my liver and IBS. But that's about it as far as i know.

Lately, I've had this urge to start a healthy diet. I don't know where it came from,but i think a change could do some good.

The thing is...Where do I Start? I know about the whole thing of " Start Small", but after that i'm completely clueless.Also, a little worried about the whole "Reflexes" kicking in. Anytime I've tried to try something new, my brain seems to go "Nope, This will make me sick,this will make me sick" which makes the reflexes kick in as soon as i even try..so yeah.

And if this makes no sense, i do apologize. I'm not the best at typing what's in my mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2015, 07:48 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Extreme Fussy Eater looking to change her diet!

You need to try hypnosis or some sort of psychological effort to get over this. A good psychologist who deals with eating disorders could be helpful.

Last edited by Titchou; 07-25-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I would advise a nutritionist. Nutitionists have all kinds of things they can suggest. You might be best off drinking protein shakes, or veggie drinks- you might be better off with eggs. I cant begin to counsel you on what would be best, but if you were my daughter, thats where I would start.

Whatever happens, Ill bet it helps your IBS! Chocolate diet cant be good for that!

Good luck.

Old 07-27-2015, 03:27 PM   #4
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

How about making a chocolate smoothie with cocoa powder: Maybe start with unsweetened Almond milk and add lots of cocoa powder, banana etc. Have you ever tried anything like that?

Last edited by JohnR41; 08-11-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #5
    BettyLouLou23
    (female)

BettyLouLou23 HB User

Thank you for the replies!

To be honest, I've never made a smoothie before, let alone a chocolate one, but it's a great idea that I'll be trying very soon! And I'll also look into seeing a nutritionist/psychologist!

Old 12-18-2020, 09:09 AM   #6
    anxioussoul
    Inactive
    (female)

anxioussoul HB User

Rest assured, your desire to eat junk is an addiction. When you try to quit it, you feel horrible! Your body has become acclimated to the quick fixes it gets from sugar, salt, etc. You are not going to feel good as you try to eat healthier for a short time. I think that’s one thing people get wrong: they think if they adopt a nutritious diet, they will feel great on day one.

What you can do is find a period where you can afford to be grumpy and go cold turkey. Cut all added sugar, salt, fat, etc., and be miserable for 4–7 days while your body adjusts. Eat those veggies and lean proteins you know are right for you exclusively and be angry and upset about it in privacy. If you can take a week off from work and do this, I recommend this approach, as this period passes pretty quickly. Good Luck.

Reply Reply