It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• ears fullness for 2 months now!!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #1
    lscxyz
    (female)

lscxyz HB User
    Exclamation ears fullness for 2 months now!!

Hi I am 18 years old..
    I really hope someone in here could listen/help me figure out whats happening with my ears!!

It all started when i noticed a slight pain in the outer area of my right ear, as I used to listen to music all the time and i realised the pain and stopped using my earplugs for a moment. I went to bed - the next day my right ear feels very different from my left ear, it is a feeling of fullness, and I tried to compare my hearing by myself turned out my normal left ear has more acute hearing.

Approx 7 days later, the difference in feeling of both ears has vanished, which means even my left ear has the same feeling of fullness and a slight reduced hearing. I went to an ENT - no infections, no ear wax, NOTHING, nasopharynx is clear so no cancer/tumour there. Also I did a hearing test, both ears are above normal - but I insist that my hearing has fallen a bit and most importantly, i can FEEEL the fullness. (if you get what i mean)

My parents are getting really annoyed as Ive been complaining about this problem, it's just fullness tho - no tinnitus no vertigo nothing else.
    I am really worried, do you think I have NF2 or acoustic neuromas?? I've been reading about it a LOTTT lately and it scares the Sh*t outta me altho i know its very rare.

I really don't know what can i do, the fullness will not go away and it's not due to some kinda infection/ flu and stuff like that. It just happened once i woke up and it hasn't gone away its been 2 months now. I am desperate, should i go to another ENT and get an MRI?

Hopefully someone can help me and I would feel so much better if you actually how I feel, because the ENT thinks I made it up or something and it frustrates me a lot.

THANKYOU!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2016, 02:36 PM   #2
    dizzyear
    (male)

dizzyear HB User
    Re: ears fullness for 2 months now!!

Hi you might want to read up on Eustachian tube dysfunction. This is a fairly common cause of ear fullness. Do you have any problems equalizing your ears?

Reply Reply

Tags
    ears