It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• whirring and pulsing in right ear

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
    onevoice43
    (female)

onevoice43 HB User
    whirring and pulsing in right ear

My mother is a 72 year old and she suffers from COPD. I have quit my job to be at home with her full time as she is also in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and showing signs of acceleration.
    She has complained of a whirring/pulsing in her right ear. I have taken her for a CT scan on her head, to an ultrasound on her carotid artery, ( we are waiting on those results.) I took her to her dentist to rule out tooth issues...he said it is normally a blood vessel or artery issue and used the word "congestive". My grandmother died with arterial disease and I'm wondering if this is not a serious issue.
    She has recently been using a concentrator for 4 or 5 years now, and was just recently put on oxygen during the day as well to keep her saturation levels up. I monitor this at home and also keep a check on her sugar levels.
    She has vascular neuropathy and her feet turn a horrid shade of purple, so I want to make sure I'm keeping up on her sugar and feed her a proper diet.
    Is there anything you can tell me about what may be causing this "whirring sound". Greatest appreciation for your time

The following user gives a hug of support to onevoice43:
    Cindy89 (09-27-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
    rosequartz
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
    Re: whirring and pulsing in right ear

Quote:
    Originally Posted by onevoice43 View Post
    My mother is a 72 year old and she suffers from COPD. I have quit my job to be at home with her full time as she is also in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and showing signs of acceleration.
    She has complained of a whirring/pulsing in her right ear. I have taken her for a CT scan on her head, to an ultrasound on her carotid artery, ( we are waiting on those results.) I took her to her dentist to rule out tooth issues...he said it is normally a blood vessel or artery issue and used the word "congestive". My grandmother died with arterial disease and I'm wondering if this is not a serious issue.
    She has recently been using a concentrator for 4 or 5 years now, and was just recently put on oxygen during the day as well to keep her saturation levels up. I monitor this at home and also keep a check on her sugar levels.
    She has vascular neuropathy and her feet turn a horrid shade of purple, so I want to make sure I'm keeping up on her sugar and feed her a proper diet.
    Is there anything you can tell me about what may be causing this "whirring sound". Greatest appreciation for your time
    it sounds like pulsatile tinnitus.......I've had it occasionally. It seems to come and go

Old 09-27-2015, 12:03 AM   #3
    Cindy89
    (female)

Cindy89 HB User
    Re: whirring and pulsing in right ear

I hope you get some answers soon. I am also having some ringing in the ears and looking for the cause

Reply Reply