It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Internal sounds are amplified!?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-26-2015, 01:23 PM   #1
    RickO
    (male)

RickO HB User
    Internal sounds are amplified!?

Yesterday on Christmas day my hearing became super sensitive but only to the noise I'm making, so mainly when I talk and chew. It's sort of like my ears have popped or I have water in both my ears, it's so sensitive it's causing me to feel dizzy. I've had it for about 24 hours now, yet all other external sounds like other people talking or listening the tv are normal, I can hear everything just fine, it's just internal sounds that are really loud to me, even shutting my jaw is incredibly loud to me!?

I have been on Citalopram for about a month taking a tablet daily. I did have a few glasses of alcohol yesterday on Christmas day, other than that I do not drink, I also ate quite a lot of unhealthy foods due to it being Christmas.

I'm a 29 year old guy who works out regularly, though I do have perforated eardrums in both ears, I had an operation for a graft on my left eardrum (which is the worst of the two) about three years ago, however the operation was unsuccessful and the hearing in my left ear is still quite poor, yet I haven't had any major problems with them apart from the hearing loss in my left ear which has been like that for years.

Any idea what could be causing this and what I could do to make it go away?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is causing me a lot of discomfort and stress.

Thanks

Ricky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply