It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Lost my hearing after neck injury. Help me, please

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-25-2016, 01:45 PM   #1
    Little Mole
    (male)

Little Mole HB User
    Lost my hearing after neck injury. Help me, please

I had a neck injury and have lost my high frequency hearing during that event.

I was troughly examined by multiple doctors, lot of spinal and cervical x-rays etc, and they found no damage here. They assume that it is swelling and inflammation of the tissue that is blocking blood flow to my ears and caused my high frequency hearing loss.

I was immediatelly put on high doses of prednisolone and some circulation drugs with no apparent effect after more, than a week of using. Was also checked by chiropractor.

Since I'm a sound engineer, I will lose everything if my hearing won't recover.

Can I do something to help myself recover from that event?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Little Mole; 08-25-2016 at 01:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2016, 08:43 AM   #2
    mkdandy
    (female)

mkdandy HB User
    Re: Lost my hearing after neck injury. Help me, please

So sorry to hear about your neck injury and high frequency hearing loss! I hope you've found your solution by now...

I too have suffered a neck injury several months ago and it has wreaked havoc on my whole body, especially my vision and ears. So far, I've been able to resolve my vision problems *knock on wood* but I've lost some hearing especially in my left ear after a cold in late October. My hearing started to get muffled in November with fullness and pressure ever since and it is driving me nuts. I hear a big pop and crackling in both my ears but it doesn't ever seem to get better. I've seen an ENT who prescribed Augmentin for 20 days but am also waiting from my ND to give me an herbal Chinese medicine to relieve sinus congestion and help with hearing. I am skeptical but..hopeful and willing to try anything to get my full hearing back, including checking out acupuncture which I've read may help. Other than that, I just keep on praying...

Reply Reply

Tags
    hearing loss, hearing not improved, inflammation, neck trauma, swelling