It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• I had tubes (grommets I call them) put in both ears

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #1
    shrike123
    (male)

shrike123 HB User
    I had tubes (grommets I call them) put in both ears

On September 9, 2016 I had tubes (grommets I call them) put in both ears and like I've read on some of the posts here, everything sounds muffled and when I speak or sing it sounds even worse. Unlike it was in my right ear before the tubes were inserted, which were normal sounding, it is now muffled and my left was that was really bad is worse. When I speak or try to sing it sounds like my voice is way inside my head and not outside in a normal way before the surgery. The ENT didn't tell me that this would happen. He just said that it would be fine in a couple of days but this is the third day and it's still muffled and it's so horrible. I am wondering if I should make an appointment to have the tubes removed? The problem I have too is that I am far away from an ENT and after I make an appointment I have to to take a flight several hundred Kilometers to reach him. All I wish for now is some information that would give me some hope that this will be fine in a few days, or weeks. Thanks you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply