It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Otosclerosis ????

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #1
    sdvett
    (male)

sdvett HB User
    Otosclerosis ????

Hello- I have never been diagnosed with OTOSCLEROSIS but i want to be!! HA HA for real I had perfectly normal hearing up to the age of about 20 ... i started to notice hearing loss first in one ear then the other.... now at age almost 41 I have almost no hearing in my right ear and only hear low frequency in my left ear. I have been to the doctor at age 20 where they simply did a hearing test and recommended hearing aids... I opted for nothing.... in 2011 my Wife demanded i get re-tested and "do something.... I went to a local ENT did a test and I was told i have severe hearing loss and i can do cochlear implants or nothing.... I was refereed to a ENT in Philadelphia same story.. I did nothing in 2011 ..... I just dealt.... this year I experianced the total loss of sound ( well almost) in my right ear... I went to a new ENT in NY same story i need a cochlear implant..... But after doing soe more research it appears i fit into the Otoscelosis category? is there a chance i have been misdiagnosed all along?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply