It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Plugged Ears

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-24-2004, 09:27 AM   #1
    ridemyllama

ridemyllama HB User
    Plugged Ears

I have been having problems with plugged ears, which creates head and neck tension and more recently tension in my shoulders for all of 2004. My ears are least plugged in the morning when I get up and generally become more plugged as the day goes on. They seem to be worse indoors then outdoors and are very sensitive to air pressure changes and can become more plugged by just going into another room or closing the car window. As they plug more the head pressure can become severe like a headache. My right ear also is the worst to plug.

I have seen an ENT and allergist with no diagnosis. I have had a sinus x-ray and my ears looked at but they found nothing wrong. I have tried decongestants, antihistamines, nasal sprays, Motrin, aspirin, Tylenol, yoga, chiropractor and acupuncture but nothing has worked.

I have recently found one thing that sometimes helps for a very short while with the plugged ears and this makes me think that I do not have an ETD problem. If I plug either ear with my finger and hold it for about 10 seconds my ear will partially unplug. Usually my ear will only unplug for a very short time and then become plugged again. If I repeat the process it will partially unplug again. When the ears are heavily plugged this will not work. This makes me think there is a simple solution to my problem if I can just find it.

Can this indicate a tension releated problem? This makes me think that there might be a simple solution but I just do not know what it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread