It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hearing Disorders Message Board

• Hearing sensitivity

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-16-2005, 09:34 AM   #1
    AprilPow
    Senior Veteran

AprilPow HB User
    Hearing sensitivity

I have a question. This may seem so "oh dear"...but just curious.

My 3 yr old seems to have high sensitivity to loud noises. She's never had ear infections or anything like that. But whenever she hears loud noises she freaks out. I am not talking about we are at a rock concert loud. But if someone screeches in the same room (she has an older sis), or a train goes by, or airplane overhead, sirens from a police car/ambulance. She covers her ears. Sometimes she will cry and start saying it's too loud.

Just wondering if it's a sensitivity or she is just worried about the noises.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
    mtk21
    (male)

mtk21 HB User
    Re: Hearing sensitivity

rcnh's link could be a possibility, but it might not actually be the fact that she has sensitive hearing. She may just have a somewhat "fear" of sudden loud noises. When I was younger I absolutely hated loud noises like fireworks or other sudden loud noises. It wasn't actually the fact that my ears were sensitive to sound, I probably had the same hearing as the kid next to me enjoying the fireworks, but I just for some reason got scared of loud noises and sometimes even panicked and started crying or get short of breath.

Hope that helps too. ;-)

Closed Thread